Naming themes

I like that too, sounds great, will adjust the map I guess now that we have a nice list of cities, and many potential spots.

Quatron should be our second city, I think, as the name is not meant to be arbitrarily the fourth, but I see your point. But we need a big city carrying the stem of our nations name. It should be the port city with the other silver and corn farms.

Well, we lost Quantum from the list of "signs" in the game, due to renaming Quatron. If it's a lower-priority name moved to the back of the list that's fine, if not we do have a lot of good names so I'm happy to pick and choose the ones that go best with each spot.

Quadrilateral is more mathematic then sci-fi, but it still sounds cool.

I've been noticing/wondering if in fact there really are any mountain ranges around, it's still possible there are mostly hills around the center of these "petals" rather than mountains.

I do have a naming proposal for any substantial mountain range we find, think it's a good fit:
The Quentulus Quazgar Mountains

I think one name is snappier - either Quentulus or Quazgar, but not both at once.

I suggest naming our galley The Nile.

Thought I would bump this thread since we have 6 warriors, 2 workers and a trireme without names right now.

I was thinking of naming the trireme Rubicon. What is our theme for ground units and workers? We could name the workers after team members. Ground units could be sci fi characters. What do you guys think?

Oh and we need to decide on the name of our next city.

I like those ideas, all cool by me. Also I can go with the "Pulsar" name for the new city too, would certainly be all right.

So far I have suggested:

Cities (sci-fi theme): Quantum, Singularity, Resonance, Horizon, Cosmos, Axiom, Etheric, Phlogiston.

Ships (major rivers): Ganges, Rio Grande, Thames, Orinoco, Nile, Rhine, Danube, Po, Mississippi, Amazon, Tweed.

Extra (scientists/explorers): Kepler, Copernicus, Halley, Newton, Cabot, Polo, Magellan, Cortez. CavScout also suggested Galileo and Columbus.

I still like all of these names from the OP and a couple others on that last page so wanted to bump this for future revisiting.

As we start conquering Maverick cities and so on we probably need new names. I think our cities on the home island are set to go though. And maybe we'll theme conquered cities after something already present but can't hurt to have some names in the bank (forgot how much I would like Phlogistown that way :))

I also propose we come up with some more unit naming schemes. Our boats are still looking good. For instance, I was thinking if Resonance was going to churn out military units for a while I like naming those units

"Eigen -unit" so we have like "1st Eigenmacemen" out of Resonance and so on.

Go ahead and do that, however I think if we're going to give units unique names (like naming them after ourselves) we should only do that with units level 3+, so we don't get too attached.

Top Bottom