1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Napolean is a slob

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Drofd, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Drofd

Drofd Chieftain

Is it just me or does Napolean look like a past his prime 35 (random# no offence to you hip 35 year olds) year old going thru his mid life crisis. Just imagine him with a beer belly, a tad less hair, and a pound more neck fat.

2. Glinka

Glinka Prince

Napoleon was never the kind of model that substitutes these days for actors in films. He was a paunchy, short, palsied man with great cynicism, native shrewdness, and a quiet intensity that made others nervous. Usually for good reason.

3. Meffy

Meffy humanoid skunk

Wonderfully described.

BTW, don't y'all agree that Napoleon would've looked far better as a skunk? =^_^=

4. b-dubb

b-dubb Chieftain

Hey meffy, is that skunk from M.A.X. 2?

5. Meffy

Meffy humanoid skunk

It's the head and tail of a puppet from an online catalog, photoshopped together with a screen grab of Napoleon. :) It resembles me very closely, though the stripe down my nose is thinner and I have very long headfur rather than the military kind.

"Folkmanis" is the puppet's manufacturer. I tried to buy one at a local mall on the 13th for my mate, but they were out so I ended up getting a raccoon (also very cute).

6. JIM G

JIM G Chieftain

I don't think old Nappy was exceptionally short, it was more the tall aristocrats he had to associate with that made him look short.

7. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

The game's characature of him falls a little short of depicting a leader for whom hundreds of thousands of men (who were stone cold sober) would willing march into almost certain death. Even those who hated him apparently respected him greatly. I guess if it were not for the Duke we'd all be speaking French and celebrating Mardis Gras.

8. Palantir30

Palantir30 Warlord

Napoleon cant be called a slob next to some others in this game.

I mean, every time you open up a diplomacy window with Alexander, he has to hurriedly stop picking his nose in order to talk to you.