National leader elections

Hyronymus

Troop leader
I pretty like the way the United Nations work in Civ4 and it made me think of something that might add some suspense to the game. I don't know if it's possible at all but I hope to hear it here.

The basic requirement for my suggestion is having at least 2 leaders for every civilization, like Russia has Catharina or Peter. If you start Civ4 as Catharina you need to do your best because at certain times the Russian people can decide if they still want you as their leader. If they do: no problem, but if they don't: you're out and Russia is being led by Peter from then on. That means you lost control over your nation and, basicly, you lost.

What could be the variables that are used to measure success or failure? I suggest the following (more can be added):
- average level of happiness in your nation
- amount of territory controlled
- relative score position of your nation (relative as in compared to the scores of other nations)
- amount of luxuries available to your citizens

CivalGanjaman said:
sounds lame sed the troll from timbuktu
That's not a reply I can do anything with, WHY does it sound lame?

Constructiveness is a big virtue when you're a forum member.

Hows about this:

Election day has come and you're sorry rear has been kicked by some stupid man named Bob, the game then skips ahead to the next election where you are relected, because Bob ran your nation into the ground. Now you have to pick up the peieces

A few things that could be done are, Bob delcared war on your best friend, Bob stopped producing your spaceship parts. Bob stopped building the 3 Gorges Dam and now China has built it. Things like that, basicly if you do badly you stop being in charge for awhile and have a big mess to clean up when you get back.

Why only for a while and do you actually think people will wait any amount of turns to be re-elected? I still prefer my own suggestion which is best described as a national-political victory.

I like your idea, I think it would be cool to have that in the game.

Hyronymus said:
Why only for a while and do you actually think people will wait any amount of turns to be re-elected? I still prefer my own suggestion which is best described as a national-political victory.

Well it would be an instant skip, you wouldn't have to just hit enter 100 times or what not.

Hyronymus said:
I pretty like the way the United Nations work in Civ4 and it made me think of something that might add some suspense to the game. I don't know if it's possible at all but I hope to hear it here.

The basic requirement for my suggestion is having at least 2 leaders for every civilization, like Russia has Catharina or Peter. If you start Civ4 as Catharina you need to do your best because at certain times the Russian people can decide if they still want you as their leader. If they do: no problem, but if they don't: you're out and Russia is being led by Peter from then on. That means you lost control over your nation and, basicly, you lost.

What could be the variables that are used to measure success or failure? I suggest the following (more can be added):
- average level of happiness in your nation
- amount of territory controlled
- relative score position of your nation (relative as in compared to the scores of other nations)
- amount of luxuries available to your citizens
Make this a mod tho not a permenant addition just because what gpshaw said

Drofd said:
Make this a mod tho not a permenant addition just because what gpshaw said
Of course it should be a mod (option). I can hardly enforce my preferences on other people :). Anyone willing to give this a go, I'm totally flabbercasted by looking at the XML stuff, not mentioning Python etc :p.

Top Bottom