Naval Warfare and you empire

Has anyone tried using the editor to adjust the movement rates of armies in C3C to see if the AI will then use them? Or is the addition of an extra movement point hardcoded?

I suspect that the added movement is hard coded, as looking at the Conquests editor, the Army has a movement of 1. Since that movement appears in both the basic editor and the Play the World editor, that cannot represent the added movement.

Going back to navies, it's really AI dependent. Pangea games you'll never need them. Navies always serve a purpose for me in continents games (my preferred map setting).

Though I suspect for many players, navies often do not become an issue until the late game, where there are so many more tools to move units around, the airport exploit being one. But frigate/frigate fighting can be pitched. And if the game hasn't been won or if the human player doesn't have a clear advantage by the time destroyers show up, the same is true (but again, I assume most players have won the game by modern age and is simply going for a victory condition)

In Civ3, and C3C also, some AIs (those on large continental islands) will sometimes build a formidable navy. Trying to ferry your troops to invade such an island with anything less than a hefty stack of ships to protect your transports, plus warships to patrol your coasts is inadvisable.

The geography plays a huge role here too. If you have islands or continental island colonies to protect and supply, not having a navy will put you at a huge disadvantage as there will be absolutely no way for you to resupply your less productive colonies with just tropps ships with a single stack of warships. You certain;y can't send them in 3 different directions at once.

Top Bottom