Navigating build Menu in late game

ATC1983

Chieftain
Hi

Can anyone help? Have been meaning to post this for months.

When I'm in late game and I want to continually build something, like say boats or planes or artillery, which don't show up on the first unit line, I always have to manually scroll down to what I want. However, when I do this, it resets to the top of the unit build line on the city screen, meaning I have to scroll back down if I want to build the same thing again, over and over. I don't think this was the case in vanilla civ 4. Does anyone know a key around this?

If you use Alt-click item, it will continue to build that item forever - until you cancel it. You will see an asterisk next to the item in the queue. If you Alt-click another item, it will rotate building both items....and so on. So I could do this to say a Rifle and a Cannon, and continue to build Rifles and Cannons in that city as long as I want to without ever touching the city screen.

I haven't tried repeating an auto-queued item before. You could try it. it would actually be pretty cool if you want a certain ratio of units in your stack. I usually achieve this though by putting different auto-queues in different cities. Like CityA - *Tanks CityB = *Tanks CityC - *Arty. However, what you are suggesting might be good for your HE and true unit pump cities since units will come much faster.

So, in order to try it, use Shift + Alt + click item. Shift places an item next in the queue. CTL places an item at the top. I can't say though if this will work, but it seems possible in theory.

I haven't tried repeating an auto-queued item before. You could try it. it would actually be pretty cool if you want a certain ratio of units in your stack. I usually achieve this though by putting different auto-queues in different cities. Like CityA - *Tanks CityB = *Tanks CityC - *Arty. However, what you are suggesting might be good for your HE and true unit pump cities since units will come much faster.

So, in order to try it, use Shift + Alt + click item. Shift places an item next in the queue. CTL places an item at the top. I can't say though if this will work, but it seems possible in theory.

Yes, you can repeat auto-queued items.

Top Bottom