NC LXVIII: Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia

@dalamb

Spoiler :
I was equally surprised by the late rush. I found Carthage to be terirbly easy to take early on, before Hannibal gets a hold of archery. Not to mention that it's a nice boost to your empire.

Interesting decisions there. But I bet your game was more satisfying than mine. As happy as I am to have my first culture win, it was a pain to handle a large continent full of cities who do nothing but build stuff.

@Horgh666, Archon_Wing:
Spoiler :
I don't know why I didn't just rush from my initial city rather than waiting to build 2 others. Maybe I was too tightly focused on getting the capital to build the Oracle.

In any case, given the problem with the max turns being too short for Epic, I am considering whether to "back up" a bit and try for space. I don't think there's a way to change the time limit from within the worldbuilder, so the only way to fix a recent save is genereate a WB save file and edit it with a text editor (which has some interesting consequences given that not all the game state makes it into a WB file).

Alternatively, I could just restart from the beginning with a fixed-up WB save, and in addition to going for space could rush Carthage sooner.

Or I could play a different map, I suppose, but I'm still kind of focused on winning with Zara by my originally-planned approach.

I wonder, could the turns bug with Epic speed have cased my lower than usual score?

Ummm...

Maybe I'll retry the game just to check.

The score's biased towards having more land/pop and time, so there's not much to worry about it-- largely meaningless.

Spoiler :
I was attemptig to settle my third city to block of the Carthage to my west (to make them an easy rush target) when my settling party (a warrior, a settler & a worker) was jumped by a lion and a bear. I was in a forest, beat the lion, but got killed by the bear. That provoked a rage quit.

Spoiler :
I was attemptig to settle my third city to block of the Carthage to my west (to make them an easy rush target) when my settling party (a warrior, a settler & a worker) was jumped by a lion and a bear. I was in a forest, beat the lion, but got killed by the bear. That provoked a rage quit.

for this reason I ussualy have more troops arounf and some at destination, to scaut possible threats

Top Bottom