Need A Little Guidance from Experienced Modders

KidJesus

Chieftain
I've been following these threads and reading all I can for a few months now, but I don't think I know enough to be able to determine if what I want to do is even possible, so I thought I'd ask here and see if someone with more experience could point me in the right direction.

I would like to create a map scenario using the Giant Earth map available in Gedemon's map packs where all civilizations and CS's start with TSL. That part is easy enough, but I also want to be able to influence where the AI settles future cities, ideally placing cities where they should be in real life. I know Gedemon is working on a Historical Spawn mod, which would be ideal, but in the meantime even if I have to spawn all the cities right away, that would be fine too.

My questions are, is it going to be better to try to do this through the Worldbuilder tool or should I try to edit what Gedemon has done with the Force TSL mod, so that if forces settling of all cities.

Before I dive deeper into researching and trying to understand what I'll need to learn before accomplishing this, I was hoping someone could map out how I could achieve what I'm looking for...then I'll go learn how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any guidance someone can provide!

A good place to look would be the Tutorial Lua script. I forget the name of it. There is a lot of stuff in there that is generally practical.

That said, anything that involves trying to get AI to walk to a specific location is likely to be a challenge. You can look at the Poland scenario possibly for some clues on how to do it, altho that one doesn't force settling in specific places, just encourages AI barbarians to proceed toward player cities.

A good place to look would be the Tutorial Lua script. I forget the name of it. There is a lot of stuff in there that is generally practical.

That said, anything that involves trying to get AI to walk to a specific location is likely to be a challenge. You can look at the Poland scenario possibly for some clues on how to do it, altho that one doesn't force settling in specific places, just encourages AI barbarians to proceed toward player cities.

Thanks for the reply! Could you elaborate more on what the Tutorial Lua script is? And where can I find that?

Also, I was hoping to utilize the code that enforces TSL, but just somehow manipulate it to add more than just the first capital city. Currently, I'm just using the Firetuner to go in and manually input the cities where I want them. I'm also taking a look at Gedemon's Historical Spawns mod (unreleased) which spawns in Civs at their correct historical dates. So far it's pretty cool. He put in a bunch of spawn dates for cities and CS's as well, but currently those don't work, only the main Civ's.

Top Bottom