Need Graphing program for school

Narnia

Prince
hello, I'm in an online school and I need a 2d graphing program for a math class. It needs to be able to easily plot points on a grid system, be able to draw a line connecting the points, and be able to show the grid's scale. It also needs to be a free download. I would prefer to be able to download it from cnet but I am open to other options. I have windows 7x64 on my computer. My last school gave me a copy of the Geometer's Sketchpad but I got a new computer and I can't download the program again. Also, it appears that the PC version of the program costs money. Any ideas on other programs to use for this? Would blender be good for this? I am currently stuck having to use Adobe Flash CS4 for this. Normally, I would just look for the program myself but I'm super busy studying for my finals and so I don't have any time to do this. Thanks for all the help.

geogebra is great, and designed for exactly that.
Blender?! that's a graphics program, for making pictures and animations look nice, I don't see how it could be used for that.

I may be missing something, but couldn't you use the spreadsheet in OpenOffice for this?

Unless I'm mistaken, neither MS nor OpenOffice's spreadsheet can find the graph of 5 times the cotangent of x plus pi over 4 :D
Thanks for the suggestion anyways

Does it have to be a program? There are plenty of online graphing tools. A quick google got me this:
http://fooplot.com/

Plots 5*cot(x+pi/4) just fine.

EDIT: Wait, you actually need to plot the points, and then draw a line connecting the points? ... Yeah, just use a spreadsheet... Excel and OO can both do cot -- it's just 1/tan(x) afterall.

I tried using spreedsheet and had trouble getting it to graph it properly.

That's because it's a ridiculous function to graph. It has periodic asymptotes, with the line between them steeper by a factor of 5.

Thank you guys very much for the suggestions, I have found a program that will be able to do what I need it to do. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom