Need Guidance

AutomatedTeller

Frequent poster
Aigburth, the worker that mined the sugar, is free. We need to figure out what he will do.

xyzy, the worker irrigating the floodplains, has 2 turns to go.

Our choices for aigburth:

1) move to bg next to him and road it.
2) Move to sugar south of the chamber and road it.
3) Move to forest and road it.
4) Move to FP where xyzy is and road it, in anticipation of getting a road to the lux.

My thoughts are to road the BG right next to him, since he can get there next turn and any other location requires 2 turns of movement. Any other thoughts?

Life is getting a little more complex now ;)

According to the spreadsheet we'll be working both sugars so we should go and road the southern one. Improving the bg next to Aigburth doesn't get us anything now since we won't be using the tile.

If we are going to settle the but dot site (the hill near the dyes) with out next settler then I suggest we also road in that direction.

It's not necessary now to improve the other sugar. :old:
The extra shield won't help our settler factory.
edit: :eek: I just looked on a screenie, that sugar is not on the river :ack:
However zyxy could road it for the needed commerce when he finished his flood plain. :hmm:

Aigburth should road towards the next town or improve a tile for it.

I favor settling red dot first to get a curragh to scout north.
Aigburth could mine and then road (shield more important then the commerce) the BG (ready on turn #30?), so red dot (founded in #30) could use it immediately at 3spt (provided it has <16&#37; corruption) to build a curragh in 5 turns.
edit: If we settle another site first, Aigburth should indeed improve the sugar first.

Which town would the other worthy members of The Council found first?

Considering production capacity in the late game, I would be partial to settling the gold/dyes town first. But I guess the difference between rank 1 and rank 2 isn't really that big a deal, and there are several things speaking in favor of red dot first. It's coastal for a curragh, it's easy to road to it, and it will be able to use a mined BG from the get-go.

should I move the worker back to the FP, or leave it on the lake? I think leaving it on the lake is right, no? there isn't any advantage to putting it back on the FP, it seems :(

No, leave it on the lake. Check the spread sheet that Paul posted in the other thread.

Bonus only. None of the new resources in C3C are luxuries, they figured 8 was enough I guess. ;)

Bonus only. None of the new resources in C3C are luxuries, they figured 8 was enough I guess. ;)
Wool is the nineth luxury introduced with the Gotm Modset. :old:
But you are right, in this game we must be content if we get eight of them. :ack:

Top Bottom