Need Help - Culture Victory

Nyteyes

Chieftain
Hi all,

First post, by the way. Had an account years ago but no idea the log in!

As above, I need help. I decided to try and win via Culture Victory for the first time on Civ 6 and I seem to have met all the requirements but it's not giving me my hard won vicotry screen! Any ideas or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.

KR

Nyteyes

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1227289088

Did you just get to completion this turn? Sometimes it seems you just have to end your turn to get the victory.

Were there any players eliminated immediately? Sometimes that glitches things out (from what I’ve read). You could also try reloading the game.

On the overall screen, does it say the victory is not available? Sometimes it just skips over the victory screen.

I know of a bug when you save on the winning turn, it doesn't end.

Last edited:
Did you just get to completion this turn? Sometimes it seems you just have to end your turn to get the victory.

The screenshot I took it about 2/3 turns after I thought I would of won. No luck!

Were there any players eliminated immediately? Sometimes that glitches things out (from what I’ve read). You could also try reloading the game.

No, just city-states.

On the overall screen, does it say the victory is not available? Sometimes it just skips over the victory screen.

I know of a bug when you save on the winning turn, it doesn't end.

This is interesting. I quick save fairly often and I probably did on the turn I assumed I would win.

Out of interest, does it look like this should be a culture win?

Yes, you already won.

Here's an example of my own. (Saves need the CQUI mod, but I've encountered this without any mods)

If you load the turn 258 save, and just play out the next 2 turns (just build anything and make units go to sleep), the game ends in a win. If you open the 260save which I saved just before I won, the game keeps going/

First Save
Spoiler :

Second Save
Spoiler :

This is quite annoying since I like to have the last turn save to post.

Attachments

• TRAJAN 258 1735 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • TRAJAN 260 1745 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Yes, you already won.

Here's an example of my own. (Saves need the CQUI mod, but I've encountered this without any mods)

If you load the turn 258 save, and just play out the next 2 turns (just build anything and make units go to sleep), the game ends in a win. If you open the 260save which I saved just before I won, the game keeps going/

This is quite annoying since I like to have the last turn save to post.

Thank you Archon, I loaded your save and got my steam achievement I was gunning for. Still a bummer I can't finish the Teddy game, as I have no previous save files for it. At least I know for next time.

Well, I mean, you did win that game already. Though it is sorta unfortunate the achievement didn't register.

As for the specifics, you just need to have more tourism [foreign tourists] than anyone has culture [domestic tourists](so you will win at say, 61 foreign tourists/60 domestic tourists). Note that only the highest culture (that isn't you) is the threshold for victory and the only one that matters. Knowing this can be useful, as you can always artificially prop someone up to delay a rival culture victory (don't do it so much that you make someone win of course). This also means that completely destroying the civ with the highest culture will lower the threshold for victory.

So say the highest culture was at 100 domestic tourists, and you were at 60/100. But the 2nd highest rival culture is at 50. If you destroy the civ with 100 domestic tourists, it becomes 60/50 and the game will instantly end in a culture victory. Keep in mind it's possible to lose like this too, so watch out for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom