Need some tips/help with non-aggressive MP games with friends.

Red_Baron

Chieftain
So I play CIV V with some friends occasionally and it's quite odd for MP, we generally don't go military or try to conquer anyone, it's basically just a science race to the end.

There is one person who always seems to get ahead early, has insane population and gets all the best wonders *really* quickly, he does this essentially every single game no matter the start they get and I've only ever managed to come close when I've got an insane starting area and even then it's hard to keep ahead/up.

Need some build orders/strategies/tech tree orders to basically win almost every time to knock them down a peg, non-military so I can beat them at their own game. I've tried the typical scout opening/4 city turn 100 NC stuff but I never seem to be able to keep up. I can pretty much use any civ because they only ever use Babylon or Egypt.

Thanks.

Well Babylon is in the upper tier of civs. For a science race I'd either ban them or match them with other powerful civs like Poland. Spain is also up there but random.
What size are you playing on ? If you play small maps try 3 city tradition instead. Also if everybody is doing the same thing, the best start is likely to win Especially if that person also has easy access to wonders :)

You should never build wonders from behind. Try to pick and choose a couple you really want and make sure to be among the first to reach the tech. Try to see what your friends tend to go for. If Great Library is often rushed skip it it's overrated anyway and maybe build the temple of Artemis instead. The only great use of GL i've seen is for an early Petra to get currency for free but do that only from a heavy desert hill start.

Top Bottom