1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Science Modifiers (possible mod conflict)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Fozzaldo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Fozzaldo

Fozzaldo Chieftain

Hi All,

I'm new here - so be nice ;)

I've been playing Civ6 for a reasonable amount of time since it was released (200+ hours) and have, for the first time, in my current game noticed I have a gained a *huge* negative science modifier... and I just can't figure out what caused it.

In the screenshot you can see that I have -87% science... it happened sometime in the atomic era, when I was researching combined arms and during a war with Gorgo. I can't seem to find a way to shift it, and I am at a bit of a loss to figure out what's going on.

Anyone else experienced this, or has any ideas?

I do have a range of mods added (see second screenshot), and I haven't seen this modifier before the spring update.

Thanks in advance folks!
    Fozzaldo

Attached Files:

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

You have a national college, a national treasury and circus maximus, Civ 6 considers your ways backwards and so is providing a negative science modifier.
    The AI is trying to be fair and assumes you want to play civ 5 due to these wonders and as your city is religious is giving you a science penatly.

One also suggests your mods may not be 100% up to date

Nigel_Tufnel2 likes this.
  3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

If you know how to use FireTuner you could check exactly which ones are causing this. There's a tab Modifiers that you can use. Then we would know if it's a mod that causing this or maybe you found an error in the game.

4. Magil

Magil Monarch

It's pretty obviously a mod problem, not a base game problem.

Maybe caused by a mod updating mid-game, or a host of other issues with modifiers and buildings that exist in the code at the moment.

But my guess is that's an effect of that "NQ Balance mod" (not really a balance mod, more of a "make the game into Civ V" mod), which imposes a science penalty based on your city count. I don't know if that number should be as high as it is (seems quite high), but modders often have different ideas of what constitutes fair or balanced, so it very well could be intended.

Leyrann likes this.
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

OMG... I was being flippant with the Civ V comment and may have been correct!
    So there is a mod out there to make Civ VI into Civ V... yuk

6. Skulbow

Skulbow The Lonely Cyclist

I can see two mods you are using which might conflict..the CQUI and NQ Interface mod... mod conflicts can cause all sorts of issues.

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Usually conflicts don't cause that random of things.

It's possible that one of the mod has a bug, for example, I noticed that if you gave a unit a modifier of 500 combat strength it makes them completely useless in combat (making both parties deal minimal damage, and I mean like 1)

It's possible one of the mods/buildings is causing a modifier to be incorrectly applied.

8. Fozzaldo

Fozzaldo Chieftain

Thanks for the responses, folks. I'll do some investigations re: those mods. :)