Nes Instrumentality Project : An invitation

stalin006

Deity
Nes Instrumentality Project : An invitation

What is the meaning of Instrumentality? the meaning of instrumentality is the quality of being instrumental for some purpose. Certainly playing neses for years now (sounds amazing, but it has been years since my first nes) has brought some benefits. Specially on regards to history and geography in school. I am currently a double major student in a certain Texas University. My majors are Political Science and History, so it occurred to me, after writing an essay “National Behaviorism during the early 20th Century” that I could use Nesing for an actual purpose. To show how my theories on regards to how realism (in opposition to idealism) shaped the world between 1870 and 1945. I believe that I can get actual school credit for that, and so we come to the real point of this thread.

I want highly able Nesers to join my nes. yeah as simple as that. But only those that will be heavily motivated and strive to win the objectives that they placed at the start of the nes.

A nes on a forums thread does not seem to be very professional, so I have taken the liberty of using a Blog to conduct this experiment. In that blog is all of the normal information that you expect. overall historical background, national background, stats, rules, maps etc etc.

Of course this thread will remain open and be extensively used. Uses would include, but not limited to: diplomacy, questions and discussion.

So you might be telling yourself: “mmmh…. whatever, i am already in several cool neses, i dont need to join your lame nes experiment thing!”. Well, I have also taken the liberty to give REAL prizes to the 3 winners of the Nes. Whoever gets awarded with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive something in the mail from me. And are the following:

1st Place:
Prussian Pour Le Merite Order

2nd Place
1st Class Iron Cross from 1914

3rd Place
2nd Class Iron Cross from 1914

All of these are taken from my private collection (THESE ARE REPRODUCTION MEDALS, NOT REAL ONES). I used the Iron cross from the first world war since it is illegal to ship 3rd Reich stuff to certain countries, from which several nesers are from.

So, if you are interested, go to the website where I will have all the nesing information. If you have any questions, post them here, or PM me here.

The place:

http://nesinstrumentalityproject.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your time.

Nations Already Taken :

Shadowbound: American Southern Fascist Faction
Jasontheking: British Empire
Germanicus: American Federalist Faction
Nuclear Kid: Third Mexican Empire
Warman17: Russian Empire
alex:chinese empire
theloser:Belgium
Das: Ottoman Empire
conehead – Japan
crezth-Three crowns
lastjacobite: German Empire
kalthar: argentina

no, go ahead and join. Pick medium powers if you think that you are too new. It usually happens that the new ones are the most active :)

Finished reading background (interesting) and compiling a PM to send to you, stalin.

edit: I thought I read somewhere in your introduction that you wanted us to PM you our top 7 choices and goals for each...but now I can't find that instruction. Have you changed this?

PM Sent! This looks awsome :)

Finished reading background (interesting) and compiling a PM to send to you, stalin.

edit: I thought I read somewhere in your introduction that you wanted us to PM you our top 7 choices and goals for each...but now I can't find that instruction. Have you changed this?

no, you are right, 7 choices. it is hard to go back to the main page since it doesn't appear on the menu. to go back to the main page click on the big tittle at the top "...nes instrumentality project...". It took me a while to figure it out.

no, go ahead and join. Pick medium powers if you think that you are too new. It usually happens that the new ones are the most active :)

Hmm... I dunno. I'm planning on starting a new NES within a week myself, in addition to belonging to two others. Of course, I'm done with College apps finally (woot!). By what day do I need to know whether or not I can play? And as someone who's modded NESes before, how much time a week is usually spent updating and stuff?

the following have been taken:

Shadowbound: American Southern Fascist Faction
Jasontheking: British Empire
Germanicus: American Federalist Faction
Nuclear Kid: Third Mexican Empire

OOC:Why did I not get Japan? But Mexico is Just great as well :)

The objectives that you gave me for Mexico were bloody good. Being your second choice I thought it would be a good one for you.

Allright, cool, was actually hoping for the British Empire... but the Federalists are great as well. (My first choice anyways)

I can see I have some serious competition already against the Fascists....

I just want to ensure Southern Rights.

Thomas Dixon make a good leader for me?

sounds good.

We are just going to wait for the majority of the spots to be taken (hopefully by Tuesday), then well figure out when the first set of orders are due.

a will be near impossible to achieve.

Ah, well I hope I can win though :)

I think that is the point, he wants near impossible, if not impossible to achieve goals.

I know I will have a hard time with my goals.

well by near impossible if you mean historical goals such as Japanese modernization during the Meiji Era, Unify Germany under Prussia, Create a British empire where the sun never sets.

Imposible is like conquering asia as Buthan. :)

Well, Stalin, I must say as a native German your interest in our culture is flattering. But that is besides the point.

You've compiled a very interesting NES here! I've read through it and it is brilliantly done and I would like very much to be a part of this, despite my relative newness to NESing (I don't know who to refer you to for my experience, if any, thus far, but I do have a fair grasp on the concept and right now am trying my hand at Germany in The World Turned Upside Down). I'll compile a PM to send you, as this I feel is a highly intriguing project.

Likely I'll pick a middle-sized nation as a result of my freshness, but that will not diminish my intrigue.

Kudos.

Expressing serious interest. time lacking now, but sometime soon I shall read the whole TL and PM you.

Top Bottom