• West Rome - CharleMagne

• Vietnan - Cheng I Sao

• Powhatan - Wahunsenacawh

• Cherokee - Sequoyah

• North-West Territory - Tecumseh

• South Africa - Nelson Mandela

• Boers - Paul Kruger

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Guarani, Ashanti, Chola, Tupi, Romania and Vietnam. Not very interested in most other options. I'd definitely like the Olmecs, but they are almost impossible, unless Firaxis abandons the idea of a leader and does what Humankind is doing, which I see as very unlikely.
A talking Colossal Head could work in a mythology spin-off. :)

A talking Colossal Head could work in a mythology spin-off. :)
And suddenly I changed my mind about Arthur leading England in a mythology spinoff. I want Archimedes. :p I wonder if that would be a copyright problem (with T.H. White's estate, I mean--Disney just defaults to assuming everything is a copyright problem :p )...

And suddenly I changed my mind about Arthur leading England in a mythology spinoff. I want Archimedes. :p I wonder if that would be a copyright problem (with T.H. White's estate, I mean--Disney just defaults to assuming everything is a copyright problem :p )...
At first I thought you were talking about the real Archimedes from Syracuse possibly leading Greece. :lol:
King Arthur would be great for mythological England.

At first I thought you were talking about the real Archimedes from Syracuse possibly leading Greece. :lol:
Nope, I'm talking about Merlin's owl from The Once and Future King. :p

King Arthur would be great for mythological England.
Jokes aside, he's by far the likeliest choice. He could have Merlin as a unique governor. Also we can bring back one of the few Civ6 tech quotes I actually enjoy: the one about strange women in ponds distributing swords. :p

Once I read Civilization game just need to have the 4 eX to be a Civilization.
Exploration, Expansion, Explotation and Extermination.

That means it is possible Civ 7 have Mythological issues, but it doesn't mean it is Un-real.
Myths from Americas never will be the same from Myths from Europe and we will still need to use good source to do a good Civ.

About Olmec, did you saw my thereath in Coleseum? I speak a lot of about an Olmec-Xicalanc king called 3Deer

He doesn't have this huge heads, he have a kind of feathered dragon under his feet and a very dark skin.

Once I read Civilization game just need to have the 4 eX to be a Civilization.
There are plenty of fantasy 4X games on the market, many of which are better games than Civilization is. If Civilization ceases to be a historical game, it loses its only appeal.

There are plenty of fantasy 4X games on the market, many of which are better games than Civilization is. If Civilization ceases to be a historical game, it loses its only appeal.
Civilization is the best game of strategy ever, other games as Age of Mythologic are old. They made new games? I don't think so.

The only game I found who look likes civilization and have mythical stuffs are just playable in mobile. *Hexonia is the best on, please take a look*

I guess Civ 7 really can do it without loosing Civ appeal, it is very hard to lose Civilization appeal. It is the best game on the market.
But, if community don't approve, that will not happens.

Last edited:
Civilization is the best game of strategy ever, other games as Age of Mythologic are old.
Age of Mythology and Civilization aren't even in the same genre. :p Off the top of my head, I could name any number of 4X games that are better than Civ; Civ's appeal is its historical setting. That's really all it has.

other games as Age of Mythologic are old. They made new games? I don't think so.

According to rumor, currently targeting a Q1 2022 release date.

The only game I found who look likes civilization and have mythical stuffs are just playable in mobile.
Endless Legend. Age of Wonders. Eador: Masters of a Broken World. Probably a lot more--fantasy 4X games aren't really my thing; I prefer sci-fi in that context.

I guess Civ 7 really can do it without loosing Civ appeal, it is very hard to lose Civilization appeal. It is the best game on the market.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think a lot of gamers would agree that Civ is rather middle of the pack as far as 4X games go--and it has to be particularly conscious now that it has major competitors in the historical market like Humankind.

I don't like Age of Empires because isn't by turn :lol:
I just play Civilization and Pokemon, turn base games. I like time to think before play :lol:

I don't like Age of Empires because isn't by turn :lol:
I just play Civilization and Pokemon, turn base games. I like time to think before play :lol:
That was my point. They're not in the same genre. Age of Empires is a real time strategy game; Civilization is a 4X turn-based strategy game.

These games you said:Endless Legend. Age of Wonders. Eador: Masters of a Broken World.

Are they by turn? If not. We can still saying. Civ 7 can have mythological stuffs and still unique.
But indeed need your aproval, the community aproval. If community dosn't want, it will stay the same game as ever.

These games you said:Endless Legend. Age of Wonders. Eador: Masters of a Broken World.

Are they by turn?
Yes, I was only comparing turn-based 4X games. Endless Legend in particular is very good (though I prefer its sci-fi cousin Endless Space 2).

Civ 7 can have mythological stuffs and still unique.
I'd be all for a mythological spinoff (like Beyond Earth was a sci-fi spinoff) with gods and heroes leading civs and mythical unique units and divine powers and magic and all that fun stuff; I just don't want it in the mainline franchise.

Are they by turn? If not. We can still saying. Civ 7 can have mythological stuffs and still unique.
But indeed need your aproval, the community aproval. If community dosn't want, it will stay the same game as ever.

I don't know if you have been following, but there was a lot of noise around here just because a unit called "vampire" appeared in an optional game mode. So I think adding mythology to the main game would be a big marketing mistake. The base of civilization players are still history fanatics, like most here.

Yes, I was only comparing turn-based 4X games. Endless Legend in particular is very good (though I prefer its sci-fi cousin Endless Space 2).

I'd be all for a mythological spinoff (like Beyond Earth was a sci-fi spinoff) with gods and heroes leading civs and mythical unique units and divine powers and magic and all that fun stuff; I just don't want it in the mainline franchise.
I'm looking here a gameplay of this Endless Legend, but since now it just have European myths.

For this kind of Game, I also play WoW. But theses games just have european myths. Civilization have this ALL WORLD game.

I still think Civilization 7 can do it in an unique approach.

Let's think a bit, which mythical creature can have just France, not an Elfic one. Maybe France can have a super powerfull Joana D'arc with angels powers and stuffs as that. Not a Medieval myths, but instead historical myths.

What do you think? Still not unique?

Let's think a bit, which mythical creature can have just France, not an Elfic one. Maybe France can have a super powerfull Joana D'arc with angels powers and stuffs as that. Not a Medieval myths, but instead historical myths.

What do you think? Still not unique?
As a Christian, I would find that extremely offensive, and I'm not even Catholic. :sad: Just like England would logically be led by King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, mythological France would logically be led by Charlemagne and his Paladins.

Brazil is a Catholic country and I don't think if we use Saint Miguel or Saint Jorge, warriors saints is ofensive.

BUT! Use Jesus or Mary images would be offensive.

Civilization is the best game of strategy ever, other games as Age of Mythologic are old. They made new games? I don't think so.

The only game I found who look likes civilization and have mythical stuffs are just playable in mobile. *Hexonia is the best on, please take a look*

But, if community don't approve, that will not happens.

Games being "old," doesn't automatically make them, "bad." You should see my game collection.

I'm cool with the name Holly Roman Empire... but it was also the West Roman Empire.

He should be the King of the Franks, not the West Roman Emperor or Holy Roman Emperor, as he never actually held either of the two titles as they are now known.

As said 697x, we have too many warmonger leaders in this game, I like evil leaders to fight against, but your suggestion of more ancient leaders is cool too. Zimbabwe can have leaders from all eras.

Warmongers and "evil," weren't my only condemnations. I'm not against warmongers or "evil," leaders in Civ. But leaders who were also utter failures and led their nations to economic and political ruin is what I'm referring to. The two stand-in leaders I gave, one for each, I firmly stand by.

That is really controversial, sorry, I'm a bit controversial, but this historical interpretation can be understood if we remember Tecumseh lead a group of more than 10 tribe-nations at a war called North-West territory war.

(Since Germany-Barbarrosa interpretation is a thing, I want to give others possible weird interpretations of history)

I believe you're referring to the "Western Confederacy," and "Tecumseh's Confederacy," both exonyms, not what their members called them, that operated within the area the United States called, and administered as, the North-West Territory, which was not a political entity or mandate either Confederacy governed by that name, and they even rejected the American political construct's existence and legitimacy, and thus using it as their "Civ nation name," completely defeats the whole purpose.

NOT MEXICO! South Brazil, he start his Libertador life in South Brazil when D.Pedro was just a child and his republic survive ~10 years. Even today the State of Rio Grande do Sul use the revolutionary flag and everyone who born in that State called himself Gaucho, don't matter their ethinic background. I think it is very cool.

Rio Grande do Sul is Brazilian's Texas (but better)

I see. In any case, Garibaldi should not be the leader here, as he was not the political leader of this entity, but only made an intervention, and should not be misappropriated from the far more dominant historical role that even he, himself, would say dominated the cause of his life - the Italian Reunification.

I really like semi mitycal kings, for me Civ 7 should be a kind of Mythological game with even more semi-mythical kings.

C'mon, just think how amazing it will be play with Toltec's Quetzalcoalt and use dragons to solve your boarders issues. What can be more fun?

It could be fun. Just not in Civ.

Zapotecs lost their freadom to the Spanish-Nahualt empire but still surviving.
Benito Juarez just speak Zapotec language since his 12 years old, he is a Zapotec and Mexican hero.
But okay, I agree even mexican would don't like this idea. But it is an amazing idea!

It's not an amazing idea. It's shows a deliberate and blatant desire to tell Mexican players, or those who desire a Mexican tell, to suck it - their nation is unworthy, and all of their great leaders will forcibly contrived into indigenous civ's that ceased to exist in their classic mold centuries before and and whose traditions and culture they don't represent.

It's not an amazing idea. It's shows a deliberate and blatant desire to tell Mexican players, or those who desire a Mexican tell, to suck it - their nation is unworthy, and all of their great leaders will forcibly contrived into indigenous civ's that ceased to exist in their classic mold centuries before and and whose traditions and culture they don't represent.
Also Mexico hasn't treated its indigenous people any better than the US or Canada so shoehorning a Mexican leader onto an indigenous civilization seems...insensitive at best. Like making George Washington the leader of the Iroquois.

Top Bottom