New Capital

hothead2

Chieftain
after taking the roman capital in the first turn of war i noticed there new capital moved to the next biggest city (that had 6 ironclads ready to bombard it :D ). is this how it always works?

The capitol is moved to whatever enemy city is building the palace. If you capture their capitol, they'll start building a palace ASAP.

The new palace goes to the best city. The best city is determined by the formula that lists the top five cities in the world on the F11 screen. It is a mix of population, wonders, improvements. In most cases it is the city with the highest population of native citizens. However, sometimes a slightly smaller city can become capital if it has many more improvements and/or wonders.

Players can use this free palace jump. It is an excellent strategy for peninsula starts or coastal starts on a large land mass. Some players disband the capital (produce a settler at pop 2, with no extra food) very early in the game to get a more centralized location. Another trick is to build the Forbidden Palace right next to the original capital before disbanding. This is the most efficient way to get a Forbidden Palace without a great leader.

Be careful with the free palace jump. Make sure that the new capital-to-be is the best city by a wide margin., because a mistake on a palace jump can ruin a good game.

Originally posted by napoleon526
The capitol is moved to whatever enemy city is building the palace. If you capture their capitol, they'll start building a palace ASAP.

you`re mixing this up with CivII

Originally posted by BillChin
The new palace goes to the best city. The best city is determined by the formula that lists the top five cities in the world on the F11 screen. It is a mix of population, wonders, improvements. In most cases it is the city with the highest population of native citizens. However, sometimes a slightly smaller city can become capital if it has many more improvements and/or wonders.

Players can use this free palace jump. It is an excellent strategy for peninsula starts or coastal starts on a large land mass. Some players disband the capital (produce a settler at pop 2, with no extra food) very early in the game to get a more centralized location. Another trick is to build the Forbidden Palace right next to the original capital before disbanding. This is the most efficient way to get a Forbidden Palace without a great leader.

Be careful with the free palace jump. Make sure that the new capital-to-be is the best city by a wide margin., because a mistake on a palace jump can ruin a good game.

someone (Shaitan?) found out that it always is the cities with the highest number of own nationals. Don`t know is this is true, but it looks that way.....

Originally posted by Killer

someone (Shaitan?) found out that it always is the cities with the highest number of own nationals. Don`t know is this is true, but it looks that way.....

I reported this also. But then someone in the Game of the Month spoiler thread said he relied on this and it did not work for him! This player quit his GOTM because of the palace jump to the wrong city, so be careful. I now believe it is the F11 top city formula, where population, improvements and wonders all count.

I reported this also. But then someone in the Game of the Month spoiler thread said he relied on this and it did not work for him! This player quit his GOTM because of the palace jump to the wrong city, so be careful. I now believe it is the F11 top city formula, where population, improvements and wonders all count.

I always thought that the top 5 cities were those with the highest culture ratings. I once played a game where 3 of the top five cities were size 2 Babylonian cities that had probably had a temple and library since very early. They were isolated while the rest of us were at war at the beginning.

Heh, sounds like one would be better off just reducing the cost of a palace to almost nothing.

-Alech

OUCH!

Thanx for the warning, BillChin

Top Bottom