new citizens group "The National Order"

Originally posted by robacus
Well i will support any candidate running for election next term as long as they come and post their reasons why the national order shud vote with them.

And *THAT* my friend, is what makes this a political group. You're essentially saying that every member of the national order must vote for that canidate the group supports. This is forceful voting. It's banned from the demogame. Had this been in DG2, you would have been hounded mightly. Look back at the first few months of that demogame to see why political groups aren't allowed.

Also, had this group existed in DG2 and had you used the quotes you use, a certain Civ2 Trade Route Camel (2 m's?) would have shut this down quickly. The lack of political groups in this DG is one of the things that separates us from other games and keeps us going for as long as we have. We already fight amongst ourselves in the same "party", we do not need to introduce another reason for people to try to kill eachother.

SaaM

You guys are welcome to bring up such a charge, but it is not clear that any member of the group is being forced into any decision. We are not bullying our members, it is just the case that the members think a like (which is why we are members of the group). As soon as it goes beyond that, you are welcome to criticize, but no bullying has occurred yet (or will occur).

You just said, "...give a reason why the National Order should vote for them", giving the meaning that all members of the National Order must vote for the same person.

Right now, they're being accused of something that hasn't happened though. The elections are two weeks away, this group might do what every other group has done - die away.

Until they actually do something illegal, why keep bashing them. The've been told what is, and isn't legal. I see nothing wrong with a group posing questions to the candidates in the nomination thread, same as everyone else. As long as there is no mandate for members to vote, just campaigning, no law is broken.

-- Ravensfire

As kato said my friends, we will not force any member or the National Order to vote for any candidate or on any topic.

For instance Kato here believes that we shud free the slaves and make all people of fanactia free and fair. I am unconvienced by this arguement with the current state of our interior, although this board is not the place to bring up such an arguement. Cregzer believes in mass exerimation in civ(burning cities and repleacing them with pure cities), i personally believe in order over chaos, strong over the weak.

as u can see there are may different opinions and views in the National Order.

The members of the National Order have one goal that unites us more than anything esle. Fanacticas continuing glory and eventual dominance of the world.

Anyone who stands with us has a free voise and opinion.

Attack us and what u say is you support foreign powers, encourage the parasites to feed from the inside of Fanactica and the decay of our democraty.

Join with us

I'm merely stating one of the rules in the demogame. Atleast it used to be in there... (and it's tradition, too).

I understand Chieftess, but we won't do anything bad so you don't need to watch over us ; D

I would rather prefer not to be elected than to do the slightest thing just to please this group.

This thread seems to have provoked a negative response from concerned board members. I believe these are unjustified but I understand the concern of those who point to failures of previous games due to political groups.

I for one, did not see robacus's post as a declaration that I should vote the same as the rest of the National Order. I merely thought robacus was addressing the entity that is the members of the National Order. Anyone interested in gaining some votes may wish to address a group of people with similar goals/interests. That said, you do not HAVE to appease the National Order to gain its votes. If the Order demanded appeasement, it would suggest the National Order is seeking political power through some sort of intimidation.

either way, ultra-militarism should be kept in check. Political parties may cause trouble and can really mess up the DG. If however, you stand for Militarism. In the age of Total war, such policies may prove useful, though id take out some of the Fascist paralells.

Originally posted by Sarevok
either way, ultra-militarism should be kept in check. Political parties may cause trouble and can really mess up the DG. If however, you stand for Militarism. In the age of Total war, such policies may prove useful, though id take out some of the Fascist paralells.

We are not ultra-militaristic, we wage war when we have the power and urgency to. I hope that I'm not mispeaking for the rest of the group when I say that we simply put ourselves (the Citizens of Fanatica) and our country in a higher priority than any other computer player. We understand that this is -our- game (the members of this board), not the CPU's and, as such, we recognize our superiority must be maintained (in order to keep ourselves safe and to keep the game belonging to us humans).

And what is the fear of fascist parallels? We are not despots or maniacs like some of the most infamous (so-called) "fascists" of history. If we ARE fascists, then it is only that we understand that Fanatica must have the greatest Culture, Scientific Achievement, Expansion of Land and (to preserve all of this) Military Might. Isn't that what *every* Civ3 player tries for? I'm honestly confused about all of the random bias and distrust.

militarism is not a bad thing. Extreme militarism is something that many of us have been affected by personally. Also, extremism in any form, is not a good idea. That is why I am suspicious of this group's motives.

There's also the forum rules that it has to follow...

Originally posted by Chieftess
There's also the forum rules that it has to follow...

Indeed, and I for one do not want to see bans going around in the DG becuase of some minor issues.

We haven't done anything! You're welcome to be suspicious, but it is a little insulting. What rules have we broken??

And about us being alleged extremists, read the last post I made. Kthx ; )

Originally posted by Kato
We haven't done anything! You're welcome to be suspicious, but it is a little insulting. What rules have we broken??

And about us being alleged extremists, read the last post I made. Kthx ; )

I am very welcome to be suspicious indeed, whether that be insulting or not I will be if I want to.

Concerning that post... It makes you guys look more like Raical extremists, which makes your cause even less acceptable and willing to accept. I know their comps, but just the way you said it... Its unnerving.

Sarevok, i assure you that our group breaks no laws in the DG. But your extreme distrust of a group that stands for human intellgenance over AI programming is distressing. So far me, Kato and Cregser have joined the National Order. By my calucalations that is three citizens.

For 3 citizens of Fanactica I would hope the minister for the interoir would be worrying about more pressing issues, culture, interal defence etc. I hope you do all this well, hopefully as vigorously as you try to intimidate legal citizens groups.

There as been much talk of illegally. Any questions feel free to privite msg me but i would like to see more discussion on our tread and less allegiacions.

Top Bottom