New Civ - Dorset, led by Harry Paye of Poole

Jake346

Chieftain
I've been thinking of the idea of a civ based on the southern English county of Dorset. It would be led by the famous (at least locally) pirate Harry Paye who was the bane of the French and Spanish. His capital would be Poole. Other cities would include Dorchester, Weymouth, Christchurch, Wareham and Bournemouth.

Ability-wise, something along the lines of:

Civ Ability - Jurassic Coast
(Either land or coast) tiles next to cliffs yield +1 science and +1 culture. +1 appeal in all tiles next to the coast.

Leader Ability - Arripaye
Gain gold equal to half the enemy's combat strength after naval victories. Get a luxury resource for 20 turns after pillaging an enemy source of it (as if it's been traded).

Leader Agenda - Payeback
Likes attacking coastal cities and pillaging their tiles. Is particularly unforgiving of civs who have attacked/pillaged his cities and will seek revenge.

Unique Unit - Ship of Harry Paye (Maybe there's a snappier name)
Replaces the privateer, unlocked earlier (cartography).
Can capture enemy ships.
Cannot be seen except by units adjacent to it.
Can perform coastal raids.
Pillaging only costs one movement point.
(Can't think how it would be more different from the Sea Dog.)

Unique Infrastructure - Natural Harbour
Replaces harbour district
Visually, land stretches around most of the tile, perhaps with an island/islands in the middle (i.e. Poole Harbour).
1/10 production cost of standard harbour, but must be built adjacent to at least two land tiles.
+2 amenities in city.

I think it might also be nice to have a new natural wonder for Old Harry/Jurassic Coast.

I've never actually made a mod for a new civ before, and hope to learn how and make this at some point. But if there's another Dorset/Poole person out there who is already capable, then feel free! Also any suggestions are more than welcome (though I'm aware the chances of people seeing this actually being from Dorset are probably slim).

If I do make this I also want to make a Somerset civ led by the Wurzels if that interests anyone. :')

well I'm in Dorset, but the more inland rural north area. This sounds pretty interesting but I have no idea when it comes to modding, I'll try to make a base version of it. Wish me luck!

Top Bottom