View Warlords Readme & Installation Instructions
Spoiler :
Scythia civ for Civilization IV Warlords
Version 2.1 by Amra

Info
-----
This will add Scythia to Civ4 Warlords.

Leader - Atheas (Animated)
Unique Unit - Royal Scyth (replaces Knight)
Unique Building - Scythian Stables (replaces Stables)

Feel free to use this in whatever modpack you may be making or to modify the civ as you see fit.

Installation
------------
Extract this file to your Warlords "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra's Scythia". In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play.

For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by me to the xml files in the "XML Changes.txt" file. This file does not list changes made to CIV4FormationInfos.xml as changes to this file are made in numerous places.

Version History
---------------
** version 2.1 **
- Updated to Warlords v2.08
- Added nonshader version of Atheas
- Added new flag (credit Wyz_Sub10)
- Changed animations for Atheas (still having problems with his eyelids, though)

** version 2.0 **
- Updated for Warlords

** version 1.1 **
- Replaced original animated LH (based on Mansa) with one based on Saladin
- Added first contact dialogue for Atheas
- Changed starting techs to Hunting & Agriculture (to match my modpack)

** version 1.0 **
- Initial version

Credits
-------
- Royal Scyth model/skin by Rabbit, White
- Scythian Stables by ganart
- Additional Color Values by SimCutie (modified)
- Flag by Wyz_Sub10
- Atheas diplomacy music (credit CIV Gold)

Known Issues
------------
- Due to animation swapping on the leaderhead, Atheas' eyelids are transparent when blinking. Just a minor annoyance and not really a game stopper.

Vanilla Civ4 v1.61
DOWNLOAD Version 1.1

View Vanilla Readme & Installation Instructions
Spoiler :
Scythia civ for Civilization IV (Patch 1.61)
Version 1.1 by Amra

Leader
Atheas (Agg/Cre)

Starting Techs
Hunting, Agriculture

Info
This will add Scythia to Civ4. It includes 1 animated leader (Atheas), 2 Unique Units (Royal Scyth & Scythian Rider) and Pedia entries for all. This is part of my ALH Modpack and I offer it here as a stand alone mod. Feel free to use this in whatever modpack you may be making or to modify the civ as you see fit.

Installation
Delete any previous version of this mod that you may have installed as some files have been changed. Then extract this file to your "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra's Scythia". In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play. You may have to hold the shift key down when restarting Civ4 in order to clear the cache.

For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by me to the xml files in the "XML Changes.txt" file. This file does not list changes made to CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml and CIV4FormationInfos.xml as changes to these two files are made in numerous places.

Known Issues
- Due to animation swapping on the leaderhead, Atheas' eyelids are transparent when blinking. Just a minor annoyance and not really a game stopper. I will fix it if I can.

Version History
** version 1.1 **
- Replaced original animated LH (based on Mansa) with one based on Saladin
- Added first contact dialogue for Atheas
- Changed starting techs to Hunting & Agriculture (to match my modpack)

** version 1.0 **
- Initial version

Credits
- Royal Scyth model/skin by Rabbit, White
- Extended Color Table by SimCutie

Reserved for future use

THe leader looks more African than that russian/turkish anciet look the units are great! thats all

war65 said:
THe leader looks more African than that russian/turkish anciet look the units are great! thats all

That's true. Maybe I should lighten his skin a little.

thanks, i'm putting these in my next allcivs mod (ok i already did, but it's not released)

also, i love that you put the readme file in to tell what xml changes there are

makes it much easier for people like me who combine mods to no end

coachlentz said:
thanks, i'm putting these in my next allcivs mod (ok i already did, but it's not released)

also, i love that you put the readme file in to tell what xml changes there are

makes it much easier for people like me who combine mods to no end

Your welcome, glad you like it.

Yeah, the XML change log is a handy feature. I saw someone else do that (don't remember who) and thought that was a good idea too. Be sure to check out my Tibet & Byzantium civs also.

Just posted a new version of this civ with a new leaderhead that, I hope, fits it better. I used this as a reference: http://members.tripod.com/~Hal_MacGregor/gregor/Scythians.jpg

Here is a screenshot

EDIT: If the LH image above (or in the first post) is not visible, it is due to problems with the civfanatics file server not being available currently. It seems to go in and out.

Version 2.1 for Warlords version 2.08 is linked in Post#1 and download database.

Top Bottom