New Civics

Fair enough. I just don't think there is much of a point to change the Civics, and in my opinion I have changed way more than I wanted to already so I'll leave the civics as they are, well for the most part. A few are different, Serfdom gives extra yields to farm tiles now, Slavery allows you to capture slaves from combat, and now civs with Police State don't suffer unhappiness from defying UN resolutions. So they are a bit different, but not much different.

A few are different...now civs with Police State don't suffer unhappiness from defying UN resolutions.
That's actually a really good idea. Could you post the code that does this? I'll probably need to port it over to the SDK ( I assume you've set this up in Python), but python and C are pretty similar, and seeing it will mean I wol't have to reinvent the wheel at least functionally.

You also mentioned Serfdom. Giving +1 hammer and +1 commerce to every farm is too much
This makes it way too powerful IMO, farms would be much better than any other improvement type
Just remember how powerful does the extra commerce makes the Financial trait

I will carefully test this out, but right now I would suggest to drop the production bonus and keep only the extra commerce. Maybe that's still overpowered though

EDIT: probably it would be better and also more accurate to drop the commerce bonus and keep the production
Because if you want a good economy you still have to build some cottages, thus you can't spread all the extra hammer giving farms everywhere if you want to keep up with the other civs

Well, I wouldn't call it overpowered. Because compared to Slavery it isn't (now that you can capture slaves), maybe more powerful than caste system, but caste system mercantilism and representation together is pretty powerful. And it is available to everyone so I don't know, that's what the playtest is for.

Here's the code for the Police State thing:

Code:
	def onCityDoTurn(self, argsList):
		'City Production'
		pCity = argsList[0]
		iPlayer = argsList[1]
# no anger defying UN resolutions start #
		iGovernmentCivicOption = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getCivicOptionInfo,gc.getNumCivicOptionInfos(),'CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT')
		iPoliceState = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getCivicInfo,gc.getNumCivicInfos(),'CIVIC_POLICE_STATE')
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		iGovernmentCivic = pPlayer.getCivics(iGovernmentCivicOption)

if (iGovernmentCivic == iPoliceState):
			pCity.changeDefyResolutionAngerTimer(pCity.getDefyResolutionAngerTimer())
# no anger defying UN resolutions end #

This Police State thing is coooool.

Is it possible to just fit also other Civics with this option in? i mean, could i just copy the last two lines and change "iPoliceState"?

This Police State thing is coooool.

Is it possible to just fit also other Civics with this option in? i mean, could i just copy the last two lines and change "iPoliceState"?

I suppose you could, although I'm not sure which other civic it would really work out for. Maybe Nationhood or Theocracy.

Top Bottom