New District not showing up

ITcore

Warlord
I am attempting to create a new district that has similar bonuses as the Neighborhood district but has the appearance of the City Center without any buildings in it. I think I have everything setup correctly in the Artdefs for Districts and Landmarks, the district shows up for production and places correctly but it never shows up on the map or in strategic view. Hovering over the tile shows that the district is there and the bonuses apply, just no art shows up.

I attached the code I'm testing this with.

Attachments

• Downtown District.7z
    17.9 KB · Views: 85
Somehow my ArtDefs got swapped for the base game ones. I switched them back to the modded ArtDefs and the districts are showing up. Issue now is they won't always appear.

This image shows 1 district working like normal. District shows up. Tested in Ancient era.
Spoiler :

This image was taken in the Modern era with 3 cities. I placed about 20-25 districts (wasn't keeping track). You can see a lot of blank spaces. Those spaces should have the district showing up, but they won't. I'm not sure what's going on with that.
Spoiler :

I've also attached the correct files.

Attachments

• Downtown District.7z
    3.4 KB · Views: 95
Not sure if this is in anyway connected but I've had this problem with Wonders and the fix for that was to make sure there is a wonder movie that plays prior to the wonder being placed. Leaving out the movie caused the wonder to never appear. I don't know if there's a similar concept with Districts.

Not sure if this is in anyway connected but I've had this problem with Wonders and the fix for that was to make sure there is a wonder movie that plays prior to the wonder being placed. Leaving out the movie caused the wonder to never appear. I don't know if there's a similar concept with Districts.

The issue seems to only be for placing the district on a tile not adjacent to the City Center. I think...heavy emphasis on think...it has to do with me borrowing some of the code from the Aqueduct when making the ArtDef. But I can confirm there isn't a concept like that for districts.

It would seem that borrowing the code from the aqueduct would be a bad idea as, to my best guess, the aqueduct is configured to render if it's placed near the city center, and is only allowed to be built near the city center.
If you want the district to render, then you'd have to alter the code so that it renders if it is built near the city center or near another downtown district.

That is my guess to what you'd have to do without having looked at the code.
Try to borrow code from the neighborhood perhaps too?

EDIT: If that's not possible, how about compromising and forcing the downtown district to be built adjacent to the city center, and then giving the neighborhood the city center model (from 1 era behind the current era).

This way, you could have the city center with all it's buildings etc... surrounded by up to 6 slightly smaller cramped downtown districts (same CC era model), whoch in turn may then be connected to neighborhoods (1 era older CC model)

Last edited:
somebody found a fix for this?

Top Bottom