New Laptop

AlessioCerci

Prince
I need a laptop - my budget is £600 (i think thats $1200) and i would like to be able to play games like civ 4 and medieval 2 on medium (high if pos) graphics with ease. Any suggestions?

(plz say if u think that isnt goin 2 happen for my budget.)

Its possible, but only with used laptops I would think. At least the medieval 2 part.
Basically, you want a laptop thats at least a C2D 2 gHz, 2+ gb of RAM and a dedicated video card such as 8600 GT or above.

Id search for some, but I dont have the time at the moment. Ill post with some stuff once I can find it.

The 8600 GT or 9500 GS or ATI 2600 or 3650 is probably what you want. I have the first of those and it plays Medieval 2 at 1280x800, Medium/High settings quite smoothly, and Civ4 at the highest settings at about 25 FPS. I'm not too familiar with UK prices - HP for example seems to be generally more expensive there - but the Dell Inspiron 1720 with the 8600 GT starts at £469 with VAT and would play both games well. The £50 or £80 upgrade to T5750/T5850 processors might be worth it since it would still be within budget, as both games are fairly processor-intensive as well as graphics-intensive.

Someone from the UK might know of a few others within budget and an adequate video card.

Top Bottom