1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Map Layers

Discussion in 'CivBE - Requests and Ideas' started by Sa~Craig, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Sa~Craig

Sa~Craig King

When I heard about the prospect of an orbital layer in BE I was excited, it reminded me of the science fiction scenario from Civ II Test of Time where they had an orbital layer, a Gas Giant and I believe another one but I can't remember what it was.

The best thing about it was you had certain units that could jump between layers and back again, this was particularly useful for attacking cities and in the orbital layer there was more debris to collect.

How easy is it to add new map layers and generate obstacles within those new layers? I don't really care about the gas giant. but I feel we could do something more interesting with the orbital layer. Maybe include "wild" Rocktopus units that don't take to kindly to the invasion of their realm.