New Misc Submits

Text bug. Okay made up my mind. Will redo the Module for ya. Have a look at it to see how it should be formatted.

hmm the second person to mention this. about the diplomacyinfos

I will have to check into it.

SHAMANISM: For some reason I can not get the tech SHAMANISM to work in Modules\ Custom Religions\ Shinto. That with having it setup like the others tech Schema and tech Infos. There for I did it this way and it does work. If you can fix or change it go ahead. I would like to submit this has a Shinto Module. If you have custom python and res files you must hand merge these files into your mod do not over write your files. Please always back up your files before any merge. For python I suggest WinMerge it is free, and for res Adobe Photoshope or MW Graphics 4.00.79 it is free.
WinMerge http://winmerge.org/
MW Graphics look for DXTBmp http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/
Adobe Photoshop is not free

Shinto Module:

<OrPreReq>
<PrereqTech>TECH_PRIESTHOOD</PrereqTech>
</OrPreReqs>

If you remove PreregTech and change it to

<OrPreReq/>

it will work inside Modules\ Custom Religions\ Shinto but I want Priesthood as PreTech

my copy of Shinto_CIV4TechInfos to show you what I did here. It CTD For me

SHAMANISM: For some reason I can not get the tech SHAMANISM to work in Modules\ Custom Religions\ Shinto. That with having it setup like the others tech Schema and tech Infos.

Yeah, i tried for over an hour to get it to work, but the only way was to completely use the tech tree and just add it to the bottom of the page and put it in the shinto modular that way. Otherwise it kept crashing, but one thing i did notice was when it read it, it was listed as a 1. and not a 4. (column):blush:, and it did not read the PreTechs requires??
But when it was put in at the end of ALL the techs it read it correctly as a 4., dont know if this has anything to do with it, but it probably does!!:rolleyes:

I was told that you may have to include the prerequisite's Data in the TechInfos xml to get it to work. Have you tried this? If not put Priesthood's info in your xml file.

After reviewing the Xml to your download Fierabras I think what you are trying to do is create a whole new set of units specifically for the Barbarian civilization. If that is the case the file structure I would suggest is as follows

Assets/Modules/Custom Units/Barbarian Flavour units
within this folder include a seperate Civ4Civilizationinfos.Xml that includes only the barbarian Civilization (keep them as short as possible) you may want to also include the civ minor civilization too in the same file not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

within this folder also create new folders that should separate each units art and unitinfo and schemas and art defines.

Now someone correct me if I am wrong because this is something I haven't played with yet... The barbarian civ4civilizationinfos.xml file has a option for the flavour of the unit around the 8th line of text or so. this is where to place the new barbarian flavour that you will also have to create. Do this with the unitartsytletypeinfo.xml file again only including what you are adding into the file will work fine.

Anytime you are creating a file outside of the modules folder you are limiting what someone can combine together with your Module. They may also want to use the same file you just did in creating the module therefore it will overwrite you module's info or vice versa. We are trying to eliminate this by creating modules.

Purplexus, thanks for commenting.

I think what you are trying to do is create a whole new set of units specifically for the Barbarian civilization.

Not quite, actually I am only trying to add an artstyle to the set EUROPEAN, ASIAN, etc., like EDU did for the missing AFRICAN artstyle. They are not new units, so I thought 'Custom Units' does not really fit.

Artstyle is of course not only unitart, but can also encompass cityart. For that reason I chose the structure 'Custom Artstyles/Units'.

The barbarian civ4civilizationinfos.xml file has a option for the flavour of the unit around the 8th line of text or so. this is where to place the new barbarian flavour that you will also have to create. Do this with the unitartsytletypeinfo.xml file again only including what you are adding into the file will work fine.

This is exactly what I did. The added BARBARIAN unitartstyle is in the Modules structure, but I left Civ4civilizationinfos.xml outside of the Modules structure (where I edited the existing XML for the MINOR and BARBARIAN civilization), for reasons already discussed in another thread Problems with modular loading.

The way BTS modular is set up where you can overwrite existing default definitions in your module leads to problems when you start combining modules. The best solution would be to use the solution described by yourself as 'blanking out the civs', create Modules for each original civ. In that case I only have to do 2 edits in the default civilization modules for Minor and Barbarian (or any other if you want to use the Barbarian unitartstyle for another civ).

The way BTS modular is set up where you can overwrite existing default definitions in your module leads to problems when you start combining modules. The best solution would be to use the solution described by yourself as 'blanking out the civs', create Modules for each original civ. In that case I only have to do 2 edits in the default civilization modules for Minor and Barbarian (or any other if you want to use the Barbarian unitartstyle for another civ).

That overwrite is the whole problem with the Modular XML Loading....until it is fixed....well....ummm....hmmmm....yeah, it's not good :(

Module Flags
http://www.flags.net/ I got the flags from here. Roamty credit goes to krispa Banderas for the civics_civilizations_religions_atlas was where I first seen this apply to. Thorn warlordsnewflags2 for his work, so I decided to make my own version of flags.
I have use for these civilizations the actual MODERN flag:

America --> Flag of USA
China --> Flag of China
Egypt --> Flag of Egypt
England --> Flag of England
Germany --> Flag of Germany
Greece --> Flag of Greece
India --> Flag of India
Mali --> Flag of Mali
Mongol --> Flag of Mongolia
Russia --> Flag of Russia
Spain --> Flag of Spain

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/72520/Firaxis_Games.zip

Modular Wonder Firaxis Games for BTS patch 3.13 by Roamty
base from [New wonder & Video] Firaxis Games by Zeysoft Credit to Zeysoft
I would like to submit this has a Firaxis Games Module. If you have a custom res file you must hand merge this res file into your mod do not over write your files. Please always back up your files before any merge. I suggest for res Adobe Photoshope or MW Graphics 4.00.79 it is free.
MW Graphics look for DXTBmp http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/
Adobe Photoshop is not free

zeysoft
Chieftain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm create a new wonder and video: Firaxis Games. Use it, for example, for create new resource: hit computer games (seemed hit movies and Hollywood).
Video lenght is 32 second
Polycount: ~1250
Donwloads:
Firaxis Games Mod Component
Firaxis video (~3 MB)
Screenshots:
First image is polycount in spanish (i'm using 3ds max 6 in spanish)
Second is Firaxis Games wonder in civilopedia.
Other images are buttons.

Units: Catalan Almogavar
Wonders: Firaxis Games (with video)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by zeysoft : May 02, 2006 at 05:46 AM.

Top Bottom