New pitboss

So what the hell actually happened here? Why are we looking for a replacement?

So what the hell actually happened here? Why are we looking for a replacement?

Long story short: Everything has been cleared to the point that hbhr's moves was declared fully legal and by the book of the rules in this game, and accepted by REM - but he remains angry and apparently refuses to continue to play.

I'm sorry for all the faff here everyone. I only asked for a ruling about what HBHR did was a double move or not. We did find that it was a grey area, and some communities would count it as a double move and some wouldn't. I explained my case in all the previous posts and there was a fair bit of deliberation as everyone can see, and whilst we had some uncertainty about how to rule initially, it was decided that essentially:

No double move can occur unless war is declared.

This was not the ruling that I was hoping for and was actually essentially the status quo and was against me. I was happy to accept this, but HBHR felt that he needed a reload now after this, as from what I can gather he felt that he now a) had the divine right to the first move in a following war next turn, and b) was unable to move all his units the turn prior.

Regards to point b), Caledorn, with 2metras verification looked back and confirmed that his units had moved each turn. Also he managed to log in the second the turn that he claimed he couldn't move anyway to move first that turn.

With point a) the ruling was always going to be either the ruling that we had, ie you cannot double move unless there is a war, so it was fair game to try and grab the first half of the turn next turn. Or it was going to be that the turn order was established the second that war was obvious and needed to be maintained afterwards. As classical hero points out in his posts, it seems that he wants and does not want there to be peace time double moves at the same time.

However, all this is by the by now as he now does not want to play anymore, possibly from embarrassment or a legitimate grievance that no one here could understand, as all his claims were shown to be untrue by our admin checking the autosaves. I think perhaps he just genuinely didn't know where his units moved each turn, as he himself did not play the turns. So I think that could be a source of confusion.

FF - Whilst it would be simpler to kick sumeria to AI, I think the imbalance it would cause is worth a short wait to try and find a replacement player. They are not in a bad situation at all, so shouldn't be too hard to find someone to take over I think. (Yes I am saying this even though a kick to AI would benefit me enormously.

Sin - I edited my screenie as much as possible removed the minimap etc, but wanted to post it as my integrety was being highly questioned by HBHR. So I wanted to prove that I had a unit to see the area in question, and to show my innocence (this was before Caledorn had checked the autosaves also)

As for a replacement, I think luthor could be a fine idea. He obviously is ok with the game setup etc. and should be able to play the game as he would have signed up to the sort of time period of game at the start. Since he was eliminated early he shouldn't be too spoiled to anything, unless anyone has any major objections?

I am totally OK with Luthor taking the spot. If Ot4e is fine with this too and of course Luthor at first place willing to take the spot, I think this will be very good solutions, for the reasons REM had stated - familiar with the game, accepted settings, etc.

Ot4e back on next week, but i am sure he is not declain any sub. I am hope hbhr continue play, but if not any sub ok.

p.s. personally, i am don't think it is good idea detail analyses game situation in overall chat.

I still am confused as to what HBR did in the first place.

I am fine with inviting Luthor to replace HBHR, if HBHR hasn't agreed to continue.

Have either been sounded out privately.

OK guys, I found a substitute. He says he cannot play whole length game, but he will play at least few tens of turns to keep the game going and in this time hopefully we will find a player willing to commit to the whole game length. Or as last resort we might use a player/s who might be eliminated from this game at some time.

I think this is the best solution available to us at the moment. Any comments?

Good idea to ask Luther as he was knocked out before he even had the chance to get started. Better still as it did not deter him from playing his turns even though he knew it was already a lost fight.

Good as well if Metra has someone who will take temporary control and prevent any war from being a walkover for REM.

Why so the irony?

I don't think I will be able to explain it, to be honest. I just found the combination of what you wrote combined with your nick, and how tense the conflict actually was to be very ironic. :)

OK guys, I found a substitute. He says he cannot play whole length game, but he will play at least few tens of turns to keep the game going and in this time hopefully we will find a player willing to commit to the whole game length. Or as last resort we might use a player/s who might be eliminated from this game at some time.

I think this is the best solution available to us at the moment. Any comments?

I agree to this proposal. Best to get the game moving.

I think that a permanent sub rather than a temporary one would be best. I pmed Luthor yesterday, perhaps waiting a day or so just for him to get back to us would be a good idea? Otherwise I am happy with a temporary replacement.

Also I just realised that I need to go back in and play my turn slightly differently. I played it after I assumed that I would be definitely getting the first half of the timer. I need to edit thing slightly in case I don't now. Is that ok?

I PMed Luthor too, but still no word from him. If we wait few more days, we might find other players dropping interest.

I think you can play as you wish as there is no war and the turn is stopped anyway.

I still am confused as to what HBR did in the first place.

There was a query as to whether he did or didn't double move. Then it all blew up out of control a bit.

Re 2metra, your player is ready to go? I think we should give luthor another 24hrs or so, as a long term replacement will be better for the civ obviously. However keeping the game moving is also a priority I agree.

Yes, my player is ready to go. I asked once again HBHR to come back na dplay his civ though. But I think if we dont hear till tonight from any of them, we can consider we need a sub, even if for now temporal (he agreed to play some 50 turns, so not just couple).

Actually, it is not exactly "my" player, he is just a good online friend of mine and is well established civ MP player on his own, so it is not like me bringing a trojan horse in to the game or something lol. Guys from RB will know him from there as Mackoti and people from Team CFC from the ISDG will know him as Bistrita, which is his CFC nick.

Yeah that's fine, I'll check into the game in 12hrs or so to sort my turn in case I cannot go first in a war.

Lol can't believe you got macotkti, a Trojan playing playing for you might be less dangerous! :p

Top Bottom