New player with bombard question

mattwakeman

Chieftain
Hey to all,

Have just started playing this mod and I am not sure if this is something that is 1) working as it should do or 2) is an issue that people are already familiar with.

I am using the latest SVN code playing as the Illians. I have four javelin units and a catapault in a city and one square to the NW is an Ogre WarChief. The javelins are capable of 'ranged attack mode' however, only two of them can actually use the skill.

By that I mean that if I use each unit individually the first two (any two from the four) can range attack but the other two cannot; if I group the units then only two conduct a range attack. Is this correct because I can't see any reason written down anywhere saying this is how the mechanic should work? Because even though only two Javelins can bombard I can then bombard with the catapault.

Many thanks for any help in this issue.

All units have a maximum ratio of bombard damage, meaning that they cannot do damage to a target past a certain point.

I imagine that if you use the first Javelins, you get to their max ratio (can only bring down a unit to 85% for example), meaning they wouldn't do more damage to the target. The catapult, has a better stat ( can bring down a unit down to 50%) so it can still attack after the two javelins

Makes perfect sense, have I just missed this in the civopedia / unit details?

Thanks for coming back to me though mate, much appreciated :)

it's not really clear enough, i admit, but the percentage indicated near the ranged strength value is the maximum bombard damage you can do. ( For Javelin Thrower, it's 25%, meaning the target unit cannot go under 75%)

Top Bottom