New Scenario(s) I'd most like to see added

I was thinking of starting a Warring States Period scenario. From 350-220BC in ancient China.

That's what I meant by Ancient China. I am REALLY suprised that there was nothing to do with the Mongols or China in C3C.

ygor - when you say the cold war with nuclear subs etc....I'm surprised that one has seconded my proposition of a scenario based on Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising.

Hasn't anybody out there read this Classic!

If not, get on down to your library and pick up a copy. It's a MUST READ for any modern day military strategist.

It's a BEAUTIFUL scenario for WWIII circa 1990

If you would like to see one on The American Civil War,
a Conquests version is now up for download at
Completed Scenarios, ACW-thread.(Last page)

This is the Conquest-version of ACW on the Bonus CD.

Rocoteh

Co-creator of ACW.

Any prolonged conflict would be interesting:
100 years war
30 years war
Cold War (with collapsing one's major rival while avoiding WW3 the big victory goal)

It would be interesting to see if anyone could model the Vietnam conflict -- the French and American involvement in it -- in a satisfying way.

Originally posted by arthurfear
I think a Renaissance conquest between Italian city states would be cool - it would have a naval componant, between Venice/Genoa etc., and early cannons and musketmen. States would be Florence, Venice, Genoa, Milan etc...

this by FAR has my interest peaked...

The scenario I want more than any other, except WW2:Euro, would be the Three Kingdoms Period of China. Begin in 222CE as either Shu, Wei or Wu, on a large map of China, with plenty of king units, similar to the way generals are represented in the RoTK and Dynasty Warrior games.

Other than that, perhaps the Modern World, the Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, WW1 and post-WW2. I also think improvements could be done on some of the Conquest scenarios too, especially the introduction of more native civilizations in Age of Discovery.

Most of the ones you all want have people making or designing them right now - Alexander the Great, the Mongol Horde, the American Civil War, World War I and World War II.

Anyone wanna play cowboys and indians with me? :lol:
Seriously. I'd like to see a mod based on the "taming of the west".
Use a map of the western US/Mexico border and some units based on the time period.
Rewrite history and let the Navaho rule the west. Or maybe Sitting Bull will be The Man.
Can Custard cut the mustard this time? Or will the calvary run in the wrong direction?
Maybe LA would be in Mexico if the Mexicans had didadamnthang.
The tech tree would have to be worked out for advancement over a relatively short period but it's doable.
Some units I'd like to see would be,

1) Gunslingers
2) Texas Rangers
3) Raiders (Hidden nationality ground unit)
4) Scalp Hunters (tasteless but historicaly accurate)
5) Wagon Trains (transport vehicle)
6) Braves (indian infantry?)
7) The "Real Rifleman". Like Chuck Conners played, not like these flunky riflemen. ;)
8) US Calvary
9) Indian mounted bowmen. They were as accurate and fierce if not moreso than any other in history.

I'm sure there'll be more suggestions.

The civs could be the individual western states with a locked alliance, some of the more famous tribes who are also in a locked alliance and mexico as the pendulum that could swing either way.

I'd be happy and willing to help if necessary, research, design, beta test, whatever.
I'll probably try a crude version myself.

Here's a place with further info. Maps,dates, places and peoples of the times.
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histus.html

ww2 europe goto 'CDG', 'Storm Over Europe', under 'Scenarios'.

150MB download. Get yourself a bottle of liquid nitrogen, you're going to need to overclock that 4ghz system... :D

Also Vietnam - nearing testing, and looking rather good...

oooooh I'm up for a game of cowboy's and indians :) (hubby and I play it all the tim.........errrrrr nevermind)

argh, i just destroyed half a page full of suggestions, kill me :)
I think ,there are too many european scenarios.
so:
  • Imperialism in Africa
    Around 1800, having as European: France, Britain, Portugese, Dutch (non playable German, Italian?) and as African civs (Zulu, Abbessins/Ethiopian and the rest of the free places as one or two cities civs.
  • Russian Imperialism
    The Russians are trying to build a railroad connecting Atlantic (st. Petersburg (capital) with the Pacific. (alternative win condition !! :)) while the others (Middle-east Sultanats [-stan, Uzbkehistan, turkmenistan], China, Japan, and barbarians or many small barbarian civs) are trying to prevent this.
  • Wild Western
    this could also be a win condition for the wildwewst scenario. build a railway from atlantic to padific :)
  • India/Persia/Khmer
    something including them! for example the mongol attacks!
    It's thirtheen century: - conquer Persia, India and South East Asia; - unite india and defend it against the mongols; - as Khmer, get religous and monumental (=like cultural) domination over south east asia; - mission the mongols to your religion (buddhism, islam) to get them to attack someone else; - Defend Persia and rebuild its economy... :) wide range of goals.
  • China
    was suggested above, no comment to this for my person
  • Osman Empire I
    It hasn't been long ago, the Arabs have conquered the mediterrean, now it's the time of the selduks (i don't know the name in English). Coming from the west, lay siege on byzantine, conquer Baghdad and Cairo, and finally bring the war (and the black death) to the walls of vienna.
  • Osman Empire II
    Now, the Osman Empire has grown old. Algier, Tunis and Tripolis are far away, doing what they want, the Vice-king in Cairo isn't listening much to you, in Palaestine, its rumoring, Baghdad inst also happy at all and ine Eastern Europe, the slaws are becoming Nationalists, revolts in Serbia, Bulgaria, etc, finally ending in the Greek War, greatly supported by the european powers. and now, you are the king of this empire. How long can you hold it together?

Ya, I'm currently designing the Warring States Period Scenario and am going to start the thread once i finish the map.

Another interesting one would be a post-apocalyptic worldwide scenario where you have a high tech start and a shortened tech-tree with Goody Huts containing technologies all the way up through the modern era. Something like that.

Originally posted by mitsho
Imperialism in Africa
Around 1800, having as European: France, Britain, Portugese, Dutch (non playable German, Italian?) and as African civs (Zulu, Abbessins/Ethiopian and the rest of the free places as one or two cities civs.

The Dutch never had a great presence in Africa compared to the other European countries. There was the presence in South Africa, (but it never was an official colony) and there where several forts on the African west coast. It would be better to replace the Netherlands in this scenario with Belgium, who did have a very large colony - Congo.

Originally posted by One Man Bucket

The Dutch never had a great presence in Africa compared to the other European countries. There was the presence in South Africa, (but it never was an official colony) and there where several forts on the African west coast. It would be better to replace the Netherlands in this scenario with Belgium, who did have a very large colony - Congo.

This is almost the exact thing I'm working on (or will be if we ever get the ****** game in the UK) Definitely including Belgium and Germany, possibly Italy (but it might be difficult to make Italy playable and retain any semblance of historical accuracy). Possibly also the Boers, but this makes it tricky to include the Zulu as they'd be far too close together (unless they get moved into what was then Matabeleland).

I'll keep you posted when (if?) I get C3C and can make any more progress - I'd also need to play the AoD scenario a few times (for ideas and things not to do - I'd like to produce something genuinely different)

The idea of having the dutch in is to create a inner-european war. :) I know of congo, congo (and belgium) is big. but what else? so I rather thought of the Dutch to get some spice in it :)

mfG mitsho

Top Bottom