New SDK Beta (World Builder, etc.)

dshirk

Firaxian
We've posted a new version of the SDK that we would like some feedback on, particularly World Builder. To access it:

1. Switch to "Tools" in the Steam client.
2. Right-click "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" and select "Properties".
3. Select the "Betas" tab.
4. Enter the code "wbbeta8868" and click "Check Code".
5. Select "wbbeta" from the pull-down.

Your build should now update.

NOTES:

Please open your task manager and check to make sure there is not already a Civ V process running. This can happen if you tried to run the old version of World Builder, and it failed to launch.

Thanks much, and feedback is appreciated.

The SDK opens, but when I click world builder it just says "Civilization 5 world builder has stopped working."

EDIT: And adding "PromptForGamePath" doesn't seem to fix it.

Firetuner and nexus seem to start up. Don't know about ModBuddy since I don't have Visual Studio installed.

The beta version works fine for me. I've been able to use all map scripts.

Unfortunately, I've experienced an issue while playing a modded map (with players in the starting locations I assigned). The barbarians no longer appear in game, even if they are set at normal or at "roaming".

And a game without barbarians is quite a little dull. Can anyone help me with this?

Well.. I got happy too soon. I've tried a number of maps today where designating starting points for each player results in no barbarians being generated.

I've used no mods, standard scripts, loading the scenario through the mod menu, raging barbarians, regular barbarians.. and yet no barbarians show-up. This is a pretty serious game-breaker for me. Kinda wish I hadn't taken this weekend off to play. If I load a user-created map but don't choose where the players spawn, barbarians will show-up, so this seems to be a focal point of the issue.

So.. I've done some testing for a few hours tonight. Using a huge map with a PerfectWorld script, I was able to get a scenario with designated starting points to generate barbarians.. but only if there are TWO or less city-states on the map! As soon as I added another city-state to the scenario, barbarians would not spawn, regardless of the other map conditions. I could have chosen 12 civilizations or 18 civilizations.. it didn't seem to care about that particular variable.

Maybe ths could help? I'll keep tinkering.

I had an issue with World Builder as you can see in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499881

It is fixed now, after I made these changes :) World Builder working beautiful. Thank You.

There is one new thing (or at least I can not remember being there before :crazyeye: ) and it is called "Mod" but when I press and select certain mod (like s.f.Africa) it will load for a while and than just go back to opening screen again (nothing happened) although if I go there again that scenario is checked. Does that mean I can select that map when I want to select map to start the game? Or it is for something else?

Also when ever I start there is a pop up asking me "Allow CivV to launch with optional command line \dx9-nexus 4320 ...". When press yes it does start properly. Is this how it meant to be or it is specific to my computer?

I had an issue with World Builder as you can see in this thread: URL="http://forums.civfanatics.com/...orums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499881

It is fixed now, after I made these changes :) World Builder working beautiful. Thank You.

The link is not working for me.

And I still get no barbarians, as soon as I place more than 2 city-states starting locations on the map. Has anyone found an answer to this? The people at the 2K forums haven't seem to find any solution either...

Top Bottom