New tech : belief in life after death

frenchman

Present is past of future
Hello,
EDIT : I have renamed this Tech : The Otherworld

I have posted a new tech in my library for the Celts civ , the pic represents a warrior riding on the sea to the gods isle :

...Religion was created to give fictional answers to two of humankind's most frequentally asked questions: How did we get here?, and What happens when we die?

So, why don't you just call this tech Religion?

Mobilize said:
...Religion was created to give fictional answers to two of humankind's most frequentally asked questions: How did we get here?, and What happens when we die?

So, why don't you just call this tech Religion?

Because I created this tech for the Celts Civ , and as far as I know, they believe in life after death ... It's why they were hard warriors because they weren't afraid to die !!

Edit : I'm thinking to link an updated celt warrior with this Tech...

odintheking said:
I love this one. BTW, Frenchman, are you any good at making buildings?

:thanx: Odintheking .... I'm currently working on a new "ancient granary "... But it's not enough good to be posted for the moment ...

Well since it's for the Celts/Druids here's some good information I got from http://religioustolerance.org (a very good website I might add) about the Druid religion..

Afterlife: They believed that the dead were transported to the Otherworld by the God Bile (AKA Bel, Belenus). Life continued in this location much as it had before death. The ancient Druids believed that the soul was immortal. After the person died in the Otherworld, their soul reincarnates and lives again in another living entity -- either in a plant or the body of a human or other animal. After a person has learned enough at this level, they move on after death to a higher realm, which has its own Otherworld. This continues until the individual reaches the highest realm, the "Source." A Druidic visitor to this web site wrote: "All things are created from the Source, including the Gods. We are just sparks from its flame." At every birth, the Celts mourned the death of a person in the Otherworld which made the new birth possible.

Call it:
1) The Otherworld
2) Bilebith (Bile's world in Irish Gaelic)
3) The Source
4) Reincarnation

Or something similar to those.

Mobilize said:
Well since it's for the Celts/Druids here's some good information I got from http://religioustolerance.org (a very good website I might add) about the Druid religion..

Afterlife: They believed that the dead were transported to the Otherworld by the God Bile (AKA Bel, Belenus). Life continued in this location much as it had before death. The ancient Druids believed that the soul was immortal. After the person died in the Otherworld, their soul reincarnates and lives again in another living entity -- either in a plant or the body of a human or other animal. After a person has learned enough at this level, they move on after death to a higher realm, which has its own Otherworld. This continues until the individual reaches the highest realm, the "Source." A Druidic visitor to this web site wrote: "All things are created from the Source, including the Gods. We are just sparks from its flame." At every birth, the Celts mourned the death of a person in the Otherworld which made the new birth possible.

Call it:
1) The Otherworld
2) Bilebith (Bile's world in Irish Gaelic)
3) The Source
4) Reincarnation

Or something similar to those.

:thanx: for this research and link ... I will keep the text of this post for the civilopedia ( I don't know if I can put it ...), taking into account your remarks I will change the name of these techs to : Druidism to Celtic Christianity and life after death to The Otherworld ... I like the idea of reincarnation ...

Top Bottom