New to game of democracy....

Cosmic_Fist

Chieftain
Hi, I'm new to this game of democracy thing, but i'm very curious and motivated. I want to get things done. But after reading a bunch of posts I'm totally confused. It all seems a bit chaotic, although I guess that is apropriate for a 4000BC goverment :cool: .

So I posted in the citizen registry, joined a citizen group (Nationalist Party for Ultimate Sovereignity), and read a buch of posts.

I guess my question is... now what? Where do I go from here? Maybe this isn't even the right place to post this and I'll get kicked out of the whole thing? When does the game start? Who is in charge? Does anybody even know? Are we going to build a worker first or wait until 3 pop? Should we go for bronze working or religion? When will the constitution be writen? Is there a schedule with dates for when things are going to happen? Am I asking too many questions? Will there be any awnsers? Heeeelp!!

Welcome to CFC and the Democracy Game! :D

At the moment we're holding the equivalent of a constitutional convention, developing some team culture in the form of citizen's groups, and getting ready to start a warmup game to explore how a team of people can play Civ4.

We have a dilemma on when to start the actual game. Some players have the game running, others have it but can't run it due to the 3D issues, and still others don't have it yet and don't expect to get it until Christmas. The warmup quick game is going to fill the void on getting started in a very unorganized and informal setting, and we'll know a bit more on how decision making should go by early January.

For now, my opinion of the best things you can do is participate in the discussions on rules and be active in the quick game. If you're also a Civ3 player there is a democracy game which needs people too, and that would be a great way to get a handle on how the DG works.

Excellent! This is exactly the kind of response I needed! I think I'll stick to the civ4 demogame, as I'm playing civ4 non-stop these days and civ3 seems like a thing of the past. I hope this informal demogame starts soon :)
As I don't really have any experience with this DG thing, I won't be able to propose any rules or anything, but I hope someone else does, so that I can vote and give my opinion! :scan:

Welcome to CFC! Read the demogame FAQ, it gives you a sketchy desciription of the demogame

Cosmic_Fist said:
but I hope someone else does, so that I can vote and give my opinion! :scan:

Go to polls we have several places for your opinion. Also please go look at the Triumvirate Government HERE.

-the Wolf

Top Bottom