New Unit: Corvette

Great unit thank you very much, one thing though unit Large and Small were in JPEG format versus PCX no big deal what so ever just thought you may wish to know, once again thanks for unit, am using it in our TBX3.5A, at CDG.

Whoops, I think I forgot the readme. Even if I didn't forgot I'm attaching it here anyways just as a precaution.

That's weird that they should be in JPEG format, since my computer says they're pcx. Meh, I'll try to attach the pcx's with the readme too. Hope this helps.

Oh and thanks once again for the reviews everyone! :D

Attachments

• Corvette2.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 120
Orthanc said:
Mithadan, there's two civilopedia entries in the readme, the first one for my mod but the second one is basically a summary of the info I found on corvettes. Also check the second page in the "Unit In Progress: Corvette!" thread in the Creation and Customization main forum for some links and other info on corvettes posted by various people.
Ah, that's a nice touch! Thanks for doing that...

No problem, in fact all of my units have a readme with the same layout and type of information in them.

Not trying to be a nuisance but upon attack the unit seems to falter before rotate and attack it fires several volleys then turns and faces unit and fires. hope this makes sense if I can get some help with this and if I am not suppose to have rotate before attack let me know. Thank you and I love the unit and enjoy having it in our mod. Great Job. minus the glitch...

What do you plan to make next? Goldlfash would personally like to see a Fluyt or a Barque.... maybe a Brig....

Yeah, these are designed to not need the rotate before attack flag, but if you do have it on and for some reason can't change it back (ie: you have a scenario that you don't want to start over) I've got an Attack animation that will work with the rotate before attack flag. It'll be attached to this post

As for Orthanc's (talking in third person is funny! :lol: ) next unit, I'm going to do a quick redo of my Sloop (which should take about a day) and then maybe another smaller ship like you've mentioned, I don't quite feel like starting something as big as the Titanic right before christmas.

Actually that sounds pretty good, so a Fluyt it shall be!

PS: The new flc is called Attack2, so either change it to simply Attack and replace the old one or put it in the unit folder and change the unit's ini file from using Attack to using Attack2.

Attachments

• Corvette3.zip
    177.5 KB · Views: 139
Muhahaha! A few more ships and Land units.. and perhaps I can make Pirates! for Civ3! Muhahaha!

Thank you I will install it and check it out thanks for the assistance, and even with small flaw was experiencing still a great unit. and will be using it in the upcoming mods I am working on.

Thank you very much; I am downloading the corvette as I type. In the mods I tinker with for my own amusement, I am always looking for justification to make ships faster and with a little longer range than one finds in the game, xpacks, or in most mods. Viva la difference!

looks nice Orthanc. I must admit I like it much better than your sloop units. They ended up to small and wide at the same time.

This "corvette" however resembles more a frigate than a corvette. At least from the sails you have given it. 3 masts with topgallants and staysails. And I dare say that the ship has more than twenty guns...

Another fault I noticed, there should be no lower yards for the "lower" or "proper" sails. Try making these sails larger and there upper yards longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloop-of-war for a picture

The Corvette has exactly 18 cannon ports, though the animation may make it look like it has more for some reason.

Yeah, I relize that ships don't have yards at the bottom of their mainsails (usually), my second edition Sloop has that problem fixed. I'm going to be putting a lot more detail and a few new techniques into the creation of my Fluyt, unfortunately I got the Pirates! remake but IT DOESN'T WORK ON MY COMPUTER!

[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

Had to get that out somewhere. I'll have to work off screenshots from the game, and the manual for making the Fluyt, and I'll need a new video card on my pc for the game to work, not sure when I'll get that. Anywho, I'll just need everyone to be a little patient with the Fluyt because of both the problem previously mentioned and the fact that school's back on Monday and I need to get organized for that :(

Are you trying to use Disc One or Disc Two? It plays off of Disc Two

The game works in the way that I can run it and play it, but it crashes alot and there are polygons everywhere. The problem is my video card, a 32MB card where a 64MB card is needed. So someday, hopefully soon I'll get a new card and then it should work, as long as my often demonized computer doesn't invent another glitch.

Top Bottom