1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Unit: Ogre Worker

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by LMR, Apr 10, 2005.

1. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

What did you want this request for, tjedge1? Below is a rough preview of the Zulu Triceratops Rider. Is this the kind of thing you want? It is the Impi warrior from C3 pasted on to the triceratops from PtW

2. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

That looks pretty good. Is there a way to shrink the rider a bit? If not, no problem, better to have something than nothing, I say. I had requested it over a year ago and somebody started it, then quit halfway, so when I realized you were using the same method the other guy was, and I liked your work I thought I'd ask you. It is for a fantasy african based civ called the Karimari. They have a cavalry of elephants and triceratops known to the rest of the world as the Thunder Brigade. Even though this civ is not in my random map game it will be in a scenario and I was hoping to get my hands on a unit that matched their strongest. Was really the only crucial unit I was still missing.

3. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

okay, i've made the warrior smaller, and have done the SW,S and SE views of the attack. How many flics do you want? I was planning on attack, death, default and run, and maybe a victory and fidget if i have the time and don't get too frustrated! And i'll try to make civ pics and a unit32 pic too. I hope to have it done in a week or two. I'll post a preview of what i have done soon

4. tjedge1

What you are planning sounds great so far to me. Heck I couldn't complain, I'm too excited. Thanks LizardmenRule!

5. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

6. tjedge1

That is perfect. It will fit perfect. Thanks! I'll wait patiently for this to be done now.

P.S.- I already added you to my credits list.

7. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

This is fun! i've done a fidget flic now, too, but animation shop has buggered itself and i cant make gifs. im working on the death, and i should have the Rider finished by the weekend

8. tjedge1

Cool, that is quick. (Now to see if I can fit it into my epic random map mod version as well) :coffee:

9. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

how does this look for a civ pic?

10. tjedge1

Looks good enough to me. I have worse in my mod. At least your isn't choppy like the ones I make. :thumbsup:

11. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

i'll try to colour the triceratops, but if it looks crap i won't bother. I've almost finished the death ani (just the N, NE and W views to go), and it really like it. I might use it myself!

12. tjedge1

Cool. Either way works for me. I'm glad you like it. I always thought it would be a fun unit to have.

13. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Finished!! I've done the attack, death, default, fidget and run animations, but i haven't play tested it yet, so i'll post it sometime tomorrow. i would've done a victory animation, but the warrior wouldn't fit inside the frame no matter what i did. sorry

14. tjedge1

No prob, victory anime is always an extra, not really necessary. Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open tomorrow.