New Unit:Spy/Private Dick

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Hi Kindred,

I was wondering if you would mind if I use your spy unit as base for some sort of 30s Secret Police (I'm still undecisive however, on how to modify it, though- that is if you wouldn't mind to begin with)...?
For a Secret Police unit I would recolor the coat and hat gray or black (though a dark gray would be better than black so you don't lose all the details)

I wonder if a Secret Police unit would have a briefcase? Hmmm...

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Hi Kindred,

I was wondering if you would mind if I use your spy unit as base for some sort of 30s Secret Police (I'm still undecisive however, on how to modify it, though- that is if you wouldn't mind to begin with)...?

I make these units for people to use at their leisure. If you're gonna use it for your personal mod, then you don't need my permission. If you post a created mod here or somewhere else, all I ask is that you include me in your credits. Thanks for enjoying the unit.:)

Hey Kindred, was wondering....

I had an idea about a '1920's Mobsters/Gangsters Mod, Where the entire map is actually city streets and buildings, and you control a gang from an alley or building, and try to take over the city...

If this Unit was fairly easy to make, could you do more with different jackets, different weapons etc... Take your time of course, Unless someone else Wants to Make this Mod for me, I'm still busy with my Fantasy Mod.

Originally posted by Kindred72

I make these units for people to use at their leisure. If you're gonna use it for your personal mod, then you don't need my permission. If you post a created mod here or somewhere else, all I ask is that you include me in your credits. Thanks for enjoying the unit.:)

Thank U !!!! :)

--------

to Bane Star:

Aha, the return of the Mafia/Gangsters scenario of Civ2

As for possible uses, one of the mods on here has the secret agent as a hidden nationality, treats terrain as roads 1/4/2 bombard 4 or something like that, oh and It can be air dropped as well

WINTER: I didn't know there was one... you know of a link?

This looks great. Any chance there is a good sound match for it?

Originally posted by Ekmek
Kindred
I was thinking of adding a worker death anim for the attack anim. with an infinite bombard or precision strike this unit woud make a great Narcoterrorist.

I'm sorry, are you asking me a question? I'm confused.:(

Originally posted by Ekmek
ok, if i package it together would that be alright?

Seriously, I have no Idea what you are asking me. If you are planning on doing something to this unit, go ahead. That's why it's out there, to be used. Just give credit where credit is due.

This is just what I need for my industrial-age stealth attack unit. Does anyone know a good sound set for this unit?

-RdF

@roidesfoux:

[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=..\Rifleman\RiflemanRun.amb
ATTACK1=SpyAttack.wav
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=..\Scout\Scoutdeath.wav
DEAD=
FORTIFY=..\Rifleman\RiflemanFortify.wav
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=SpyFidget.wav
VICTORY=SpyVictory.wav
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=
PauseROAD=
PauseMINE=
PauseIRRIGATE=
[Version]
VERSION=1
[Palette]
PALETTE=

Thats what I used for mine. The SpyVictory.wav and SpyFidget.wav come from The Parachutiste and Peacekeeper by Balou. If you need the credits for the sounds or whatever dload the units lol. You can get them below, I just zipped them up and put them there, Balou if this is a problem let me know (dont think it is though)

Attachments

• SpySounds.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 93
Nice work on the sounds.

If anyone's feeling ambitious out there, an anim of this guy pushing down a bomb's remote plunger would make a rather excellent bombard attack.

lol ok well with the attack sound I was having some trouble, it appears the attack .flc is set at 10 frames in which he fires 3 times. This makes finding a sound a bit harder since to fit right you would need to have a sound that has a pistol firing 3 times. To fix this I deleted all the frames down to 3 and then added 7 blank frames. After that I copy & pasted so that he only fires 1 time. The fireing rate is a bit slower but the flash looks fine and its all good (tested in game). The gun sound I got from www.findsounds.com works well with this unit and the flc adjustment. Kindred, if you don't like this let me know and i'll take it off :D lol but all credit for the original unit goes to you of course.

I also edited my list of sounds from my ini file in the post 2 above. You can just copy and paste that into your sounds part of your ini file. Hope it helps!

Questions/Comments: post/pm me.

Included: SpyAttack.wav, and BogartAttack.flc (thats the edited one, just replace it)

Attachments

• SpyAttackFiles.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 87
Good unit!
Nder said:
For a Secret Police unit I would recolor the coat and hat gray or black (though a dark gray would be better than black so you don't lose all the details)
So may be you post link for download?

Top Bottom