New Version as pre-release

Couple of changes I've made to the source in response to long-standing debates and a distinct lack of movement from us previously.

Muskets (Arguebus) no longer upgrade to Gatling Gun
Removing Forest now only yields 40:c5production:
The story that upgrades the Archer to Composite Bowman is now doing so for 50:c5gold:, not 100

Some impressions:
Chopping jungle seems to only take a single turn.
Chopping forest still gives 80 production.
Pastures are buildable without chopping jungle.

The rationale with Jungle removal is it isn't 'chopping' rather slash'n'burn. The end result is quicker but no :c5production: from it.

Chopping Forest now gives 40

Do you mean Plantations are built without jungle removal? I think Pastures do remove the Jungle. At least that is what the code shows.

The rationale with Jungle removal is it isn't 'chopping' rather slash'n'burn. The end result is quicker but no from it.
Historically jungle is much more difficult to live in/remove than forest. This seems like an unncessary change to me. 1 turn makes it completely trivial; it means that basically jungle is just *better* than plains, because you can use it as plains if you want, or you can use it for more food and with jungle belief and science bonus. We're taking a terrain that should IMO be at least a little bit of a penalty and making it into a bonus.

Do you mean Plantations are built without jungle removal?
Yes, my mistake, plantation.

This is very very exciting! Thank you all for your efforts and time. The interface still has some gliches (turns until things happen, specifically science advances, are a bit off), but it is cool to finally be able to play ethiopia as a tall, religion and technology based civ.

I just wonder if this version is compatible with EUI as said in CEP - EUI compatibility issues thread?

The reason I ask is beacause I get some strange numbers from using EUI with CEP. When hovering over tiles I get very long happines-, great general- and religion numbers on output. its like 8, 9 and 10 digits long.

Thanks for a great mod, you guys do awesome work for sure :)

Edit:
Some hover over info is repeated 2 times, this go for happiness, great general, war symbol (not sure what this is) and city growth.
The

I'm also wonder if EUI is compatible yet too. I do want to install it for my next game if it is ready. Watching Civ 5 LPers using it and do want.

Any idea when an updated version will be released?
I like a lot of the changes in 3.15.1 but there is too many bugs for it to be considered playable.

Started new CEP game with EUI - this is great! No critical issues yet, only minor cosmetic strange number display issues like stackpointer said. Thanks for effort! :)
Will let know, if there are any more issues...

Started new CEP game with EUI - this is great! No critical issues yet, only minor cosmetic strange number display issues like stackpointer said. Thanks for effort! :)
Will let know, if there are any more issues...

There's a new beta of EUI available in bc1's thread, which should fix the number issue.

Any idea when an updated version will be released?
I like a lot of the changes in 3.15.1 but there is too many bugs for it to be considered playable.

Yes I have an idea.:D

I think your expectations are too high if you consider it "unplayable".

Granted, there are far too many bugs for my liking, but the overall mod is still highly playable.
Add to that the great work in making this mod compatible with CSD and now fully compatible with EUI and I think you may understand the work involved.
If you haven't yet tried that combo, please do.
CEP + CSD + EUI beta = fantastic:goodjob:

Yes I have an idea.:D

I think your expectations are too high if you consider it "unplayable".

Granted, there are far too many bugs for my liking, but the overall mod is still highly playable.
Add to that the great work in making this mod compatible with CSD and now fully compatible with EUI and I think you may understand the work involved.
If you haven't yet tried that combo, please do.
CEP + CSD + EUI beta = fantastic:goodjob:

I probably over dramatized my earlier comment of unplayable and I apologize. My comment wasn't about the project itself, it was more on what I was experiencing in my games. I still haven't figured out what was causing the problems I was seeing.

1. Food production in cities not adding up right and cities either not growing at all or taking forever to grow.
2. Gold not adding up correctly - showing positive gold income and actually losing gold after ending the turn.

These were the two biggest issues that brought on my earlier comment.
I still don't know what was causing the issues but in my current game I'm not really experiencing any major problems.
I spent most of the day trying different combinations of the MODs I like using and like I said I don't know what I really did to correct the problem.

My normal MODs:
1. CEP
2. EUI - this is the v1.16 beta that bc1 put out.
3. A simple 2UPT - that I have used since almost day one and has never conflicted with any other MODs.
4. Calypso's Colored Religious Icons
5. UI for Unit Stacking

The last thing I did was re-downloaded the first two listed above and started again with a cleared cache and moduserdata. After doing this the game seems to be running smoothly now.
The only other MOD that also seemed to cause problems was the Smart AI (v2) that I recently was trying out. It has some great features, but there was certain Civ's that just wouldn't expand - the one I noticed the most was Spain even at turn 100ish she would only have one city unless she had taken a city state. I'm not sure that was causing my other problems or not, but I'm not using it on my current game and I'm not having any problems on.

Once again sorry for my earlier comment. I have been playing with one version or other of this MOD since Thal started producing it. I can't hardly play CivV without the MOD. I will try other things out at times and I can't hardly get out of the classical era before I return using this MOD. If a MOD doesn't work with this one then I just want use it.

The values displayed and the values produced are still 'off' with some yields.

This is due to the different lua code in the vanilla game used in various different places not yet being updated to handle the YieldLibrary code.
Everything worked fine up to the latest BNW release from Firaxis and since then it has been an uphill slog by mostly stackpointer to firstly understand the modded code and then update it. BTW he has done a stellar job.:goodjob:

So, depending on where you look, TopPanel, CityView, Tooltips etc. there 'might' be a discrepancy. This is all being eliminated as we speak.
It probably seems strange that it would take so long but the way values are modified and passed on to other code makes it hard to eliminate every bug. Beliefs, policies, terrain, happiness, traits etc. all have a bearing on the base value.

Top Bottom