Newbe

-Tomasz- said:
NIC - thats an economic term ( Newly Industrialised Countries ) which refers to the countries that are being invaded by the multinational corporations.
That's one I'd never heard myself, either inside or outside of Civ. Thanks, Tomasz! :)

Edited to add: Whoever said Civ wasn't educational? :lol:

GPS that -Tom- is talking about actually stands for Global Positioning System. The device that you use is technically a GPSr where the 'r' stands for reciever. There are 24 geo-syncronous satelitttes of which you can potentially see up to 12 at a time. 3 are all that are needed for 2D (latitude, longtitude) coordinates but a 4th is needed for 3D (altitude). When only communicating with 3 the GPSr will use the earth as a 4th sphere.

Of course you guys knew that a geek would have a GPSr ;)

Tubby Rower said:
GPS that -Tom- is talking about actually stands for Global Positioning System. The device that you use is technically a GPSr where the 'r' stands for reciever. There are 24 geo-syncronous satelitttes of which you can potentially see up to 12 at a time. 3 are all that are needed for 2D (latitude, longtitude) coordinates but a 4th is needed for 3D (altitude). When only communicating with 3 the GPSr will use the earth as a 4th sphere.

Of course you guys knew that a geek would have a GPSr ;)
Wow ... I thought the Got it, Played it, Sent it was the right answer, but thanks for the detailed answer about Global Position System.
BB

Help!! I've got some new acronyms that I'm not familiar with:

MGL =
SP =
IMO =
AA =

I need a lot of help!
BB

MGL = military great leader.
SP = Single Player game
IMO = a derivative of IMHO which is "in my humble opinion"
AA = Ancient Age
MA can mean two things depending on what it's referring to. Either Middle Ages or Military Alliance.
GA = Golden Age.
"Pointy stick" is what our Gallic Swords will point at MIA if they don't shape up.

You're fine and I will try to locate the better up to date jargon page.

Whomp said:
MA can mean two things depending on what it's referring to. Either Middle Ages or Military Alliance.
MA can also refer to Modern Age or the unit Modern Armor. So you can form a MA (military alliance) with another civ to use MA's (modern armors) in the MA (modern age), but not in the MA(middle ages). :lol:

The acronym that drives me crazy is TGL, which can be either The Great Library or The Great Lighthouse, and they are both availabe around the same time period.

gmaharriet said:
MA can also refer to Modern Age or the unit Modern Armor. So you can form a MA (military alliance) with another civ to use MA's (modern armors) in the MA (modern age), but not in the MA(middle ages). :lol:

The acronym that drives me crazy is TGL, which can be either The Great Library or The Great Lighthouse, and they are both availabe around the same time period.
thats why i prefer to use The Great Bulb (lighthouse) or The Great Book.
also used is TGLight and TGLib.

What about "GL" which is used for the Great Library, the Great Lighthouse and both Scientific and Military Great Leaders ??

GA = Golden Age & Ginger_Ale (BTW how are Mommy_Ale and Daddy_Ale ? )
RM = RegentMan and yours truly.

So, we all get confused sometimes; don't be afraid to ask what it means. :)

Rik Meleet said:
GA = Golden Age & Ginger_Ale (BTW how are Mommy_Ale and Daddy_Ale ? )
RM = RegentMan and yours truly.

So, we all get confused sometimes; don't be afraid to ask what it means. :)

I'm goint to add one:

BB = ButterBall (yours truly)

BB :lol:

Very nice Mistfit. I tink he'll like dat.

BB here's your succession game (aka SG) Bede and Gram Harriet have started. You have been given a special invitation.

TGOM and Ancient Crone go to Alpha Centuri

Here is a link to a utility that you should download (DL)
It will give you a quick overview of your empire versus clicking F1, F4 screens. Maybe others can tell you how they get from the game to this program underneath it but on my keyboard it's the "Microsoft window" key and then I can click mapstat and get the view and go back to the game. Rinse and repeat every turn.

Crpsuite

A lot of players on this team also use this and seem to like it quite a bit as well but it may have more info than you need. I have not used it yet so I can't really don't know all that it offers.

Civassist II

Alt-TAB will switch between programs currently running. In SG's I usually have Paint Shop Pro (for screenshots), notepad (for notes), MapStat (to prevent riots), & [c3c] all running and can switch between them as necessary.

I'm here! Thinking about beer!

Reading over a lot of the threads and the 1st thing that strikes me is that war will be different against humans. I think we have a better team though form the names I see on the rosters.

Don't know what to jump in on or what thread I should pop my 1st barley-pop in and contribute but I will.

Where do I locate save to give it the once over?

@Wildcat 'Slinger--

Get a beer and I would read the "turnplay log thread" first just to see the log. There are useful pics in Tubbys "geek numbers" thread. If you want aggravation and my latest rant read the "diplo" threads. For full frontal Adm.K. isms hit the "naval operations" thread. It ultimately could be the most important thread at some point.

The email is
teamkissATgmailDOTcom
password is sillywabbit6
The password for the save is 100Euros
If you view the latest save don't move units around but the screens are available for pics whatever.

Bear Down!
Whomper class of '85

Read all those thusfar Whompinator. Loved AK's. Will have a look at the save at lunch.

Bear Down '84. Purdue on tap this Sat. My good friend is from there and we will be houseboating this weekend. Housebout is equipped with Satellite and hot chicks, hopefully nude. I'll bring pics to Kincaids.

Mistfit said:
As an incentive to post a bit more (to get over the limit) I talked to whomp on some specs for your avatar. This is what I've come up with.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/dad2.gif
Outstanding ... Thanks.

You must have visited my old College web site to come up with the bird :D

"RAVENS ARE FLYING HIGH IN THE SKY"
BB

barbslinger said:
I'll bring pics to Kincaids.
I thought Kincaids was Jayhawk land!!!
BB

Top Bottom