[NEWCIV] Minoans

I've put the "minoa" folder it in mods\custom civilizations\assets\modules, I went to the ini file and set ModularLoading to 1 and I have the latest version of bts (3.19). Also, I am not using it with any other mods.

You have to put the whole 'Custom Civilizations' (that I included in the package) folder in the Modules folder for it to work. The Minoa folder should be within this one.

Awesome addition to the game. I do have one question regarding this civ. For some reason when I meet the Minoans in-game, the introductory diplomatic text is blank. Is there some way I can fix this, and if so how would I go about doing so?

Hi veBear, Just got into Civ 4 modding and I am using your Minoan for my first custom scenario. I am experiencing a glitch that prevents the Greek style city from Loading. I am using another mod made by cybrxkhan that adds to the game Mycenae.

I am not sure if this is a error but structures in my cities when I enter the classical period the buildings stay in the tribal style until the medieval era starts. Not sure if it was programmed that way still new to the moding scene

Did you change the <ArtStyleType> in Minoa_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml to ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN? It is set to ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST in a fresh DL which would cause your issue.
upload_2022-6-23_17-58-51.png

Thanks! Quick question, I am trying to find a mod that adds the Phoenicians because currently the only civs I have are Egypt, Babylon, Minoa, Mycenae. I also am using currently barbarian cities as place holders for the Phoenicians.

Hey again CyprusTree! When I'm looking for a specific civ, I usually check thru the various mods. You'll want to dl as many as you possibly can and familiarize yourself with them, both in terms of how they play and what they have to offer. CIV4 Gold* for example has dozens and dozens of modular civs that are easy to copy & add to mods and scenarios.

*I'm not sure if the old version is still available, but my buddy Louis the XIV started a CIV4 Gold revival project: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ-gold-revived.28555/

If you like, I have a modular Phoenicia you can use. (I've changed some things in my mod, so I might need a couple days to make it compatible with Vanilla BtS.)

Also, you might consider starting your own thread in the main Creation & Customization forum. This is a good way to present your Scenario and enlist others to help. You can mention your goals, maybe create a list of civs you'd like to have, etc. I'll drop by to help :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Phoenicia Main.JPG
    Phoenicia Main.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Hiram I.JPG
    Hiram I.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Ithobaal I.JPG
    Ithobaal I.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 39
Wow, what a cool Civ! I think I'll always play as them for now. Question, Did the Anaktora originally come from some other product?

Top Bottom