[BTS] News: BOTM 221 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
This game produced something unusual - a gold medal going to a fastest religious victory - and with a challenger save too! Congratulations @MirrorGuard! To be fair, the challenger handicaps of no scout and random events weren't massively onerous this time.

@mscellaneous took silver and the fastest (1400 AD) domination, while @Zhary took bronze for the 3rd highest final score. Since practically everyone went for domination, there wasn't much scope for awarding any other fastest victory awards, but @Jovan Kukic got the only (and therefore, fastest) conquest win in 1806 AD.

Congratulations, everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

MirrorGuard: 1480 AD Religious Victory, 246,110 points.

mscellaneous: 1400 AD Domination Victory, 238,594 points.

zhary: 1620 AD Domination Victory, 227,362 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Powerfaker: 1826 AD Domination Victory, 160,901 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1806 AD Conquest Victory, 129,573 points.

Other Award Winners:

Kime11: 1892 AD Domination Victory, 83,167 points.

donsig: 2020 AD Cultural Loss, 4,685 points.

dontworryabouttsunami: 1906 AD Diplomatic Loss, 2,007 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Quite a variety of different places this time, possibly helped by being able to see so much of the starting area.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congrats to everyone who stuck it out to the finish! I was not among them. :( Work has been crazy and I haven't been able to turn on the Civ computer in weeks, but I enjoyed the part I did play. Tough game! Thanks for setting it up, DS. I hope to finish it some day.

Congrats to everyone who stuck it out to the finish! I was not among them. :( Work has been crazy and I haven't been able to turn on the Civ computer in weeks, but I enjoyed the part I did play. Tough game! Thanks for setting it up, DS. I hope to finish it some day.
Same here, haven't finished hardly any games lately. Did enjoy this one quite a lot, got to conquering all of Babylon and Greece's heartland keeping Alex as a vassal, but couldn't find the time and energy for the final push east. Thanks for the game anyway, DS!

Thanks for the game, even though it didn't go well for me. I did replay the game with the Adventurer save, for fun, and managed to win that one.

Top Bottom