[BTS] News: BOTM 234 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
Due to RL issues, @kcd_swede isn't available to do the results, so I'm stepping in. Unfortunately I don't know anything about this game, so I can't offer my usual commentary on the results, but I'm sure you all did magnificently! ;)

And, amazingly, this game produced not one but two new eptathletes! So congratulations to @Lawrence on your first epthathlete award, and to @Powerfaker on your second award. Well done - two incredible achievements!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Lawrence: 1700 AD Domination Victory, 163,814 points.

smiregal: 1450 AD Conquest Victory, 113,981 points.

MirrorGuard: 1820 AD Spaceship Victory, 89,203 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1595 AD Diplomatic Victory, 81,968 points.

Powerfaker: 1620 AD Cultural Victory, 69,867 points.

mscellaneous: 1390 AD Conquest Victory, 65,087 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1802 AD Religious Victory, 59,393 points.

Other Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1906 AD Spaceship Victory, 34,672 points.

High King J.J.: 1890 AD Religious Victory, 22,280 points.

donsig: 2034 AD Cultural Loss, 3,508 points.

pious_pete: 1986 AD Cultural Loss, 2,929 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled...

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Interesting. Five conquest victories, but only one domination. And a very impressive domination it was! And we also have a time victory, without a cow. That doesn't happen often.

Thanks for the game, kcd_swede, and for posting the results, DynamicSpirit!

Thanks DS for the results and kcd for the fun map! I wasn't having a lot of time playing Civ now due to RL, but I guess I might be a bit more seasoned after returning to the game from a 12-year hiatus after winning the eptathlete of the vanilla Civ4 in 2008. Immense gratitude for the organizers in still keeping the site up and still hosting all the games after so many years! And of course it was really fun learning to play BTS and learning a lot from the games of other great players.

The funny thing is that playing Civ actually significantly helped my time management in RL as now the occasional Civ time is serving as my (very coveted) prize when I go through my RL chores and avoided a lot of that procrastination in RL. So, y'all made me a better person :goodjob:

Congratulations to Powerfaker as well (your games are something I still look up to) and the other winners!

Top Bottom