[BTS] News: BOTM 256 (Maya, Prince) Results and Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 256 Results:

Congratulations to all the victors. There were a lot of competitive games at the top, including challenger's winning silver and bronze. There are too many outstanding finishes to name, and they are shown below anyhow. One thing that is especially noteworthy though; CONGRATULATIONS to nocho for completing an astounding 8th EPTATHALON for his fastest Religious VC. Thank you all for playing and sharing your strategies. It has been my pleasure to be your mapmaker. :bowdown:

Summary of Medal Winners:

smiregal: 1460 AD Domination Victory, 267,266 points.

Powerfaker: 1240 AD Conquest Victory, 235,094 points.

Bemep42: 1260 AD Religious Victory, 234,410 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1160 AD Conquest Victory, 234,396 points.

frederiksberg: 1130 AD Domination Victory, 224,492 points.

Conquistador 63: 1800 AD Spaceship Victory, 109,989 points.

nocho: 1130 AD Religious Victory, 108,613 points.

donsig: 2025 AD Cultural Victory, 7,182 points.

Other Award Winners:

hhhawk: 1690 AD Conquest Victory, 158,321 points.

Count of Holland&Zeeland: 1903 AD Domination Victory, 57,486 points.

DynamicSpirit: 1834 AD Religious Loss, 6,954 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Creative map with lots of different settling options. Interesting that no one except me wanted to settle with the crab in the FC.

Possibly because doing so lost both of the grassland-deer? That forested-grassland-deer was a particularly tasty tile!

I guess from your fastest domination your decision didn't do you any harm! :)

Possibly because doing so lost both of the grassland-deer? That forested-grassland-deer was a particularly tasty tile!

I guess from your fastest domination your decision didn't do you any harm! :)

Settling with crab and wheat in the FC was a tradeoff, sacrificing some production in order to get some early commerce from the sea and lake tiles.

Settling with crab and wheat in the FC was a tradeoff, sacrificing some production in order to get some early commerce from the sea and lake tiles.

Yeah, I replied until 1 AD couple times, and indeed having at least some commerce from the water seemed key. I initially thought that 3-deer start (settling 1SW) would be best - most food, least tech needed early - but the combined approach (2 deer, 1 seafood) seemed to work much better in practice. Looks like @Frederiksberg went much further with prioritizing commerce, will try to reply when I have time.

BTW, thank you for the game! I forgot to submit my first (unfinished) attempt due to RL becoming crazy recently ...

Top Bottom