[BTS] News: BOTM 265 (Mongolia) Results and Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
Well, well, well... Domination and Conquest were the order of the month, as Always War setting sort of made virtually inevitable. Congratulations to all, especially the medal winners! I hope it was fun and challenging.

BtS BOTM 265 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

ariosto: 1535 AD Domination Victory, 403,793 points.

Bemep42: 1250 AD Conquest Victory, 371,081 points.

smiregal: 1620 AD Conquest Victory, 242,984 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Bemep42: 1250 AD Conquest Victory, 371,081 points.

Other Award Winners:

sevnhuts: 1905 AD Domination Victory, 65,290 points.

frederiksberg: 1655 AD Conquest Victory, 47,162 points.

antimony: 1260 AD Religious Loss, 4,502 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congratulations to all winners, especially ariosto with first Gold medal and fastest domination !

Congratulations to all winners, especially ariosto with first Gold medal and fastest domination !
I a faithful follower agree. This was one to separate the leaders from the followers.

This was an amazing game! I'm still replaying it, trying to figure out how to get a space win from it. It's a lovely set-up for the way you can establish a vibrant economy and decide for yourself when you want to establish a bridgehead on the main continent and therefore commit to the 6-on-1 war. And the close separation by water from the AI also opens up lots of interesting tactics that you don't normally think about - such as using triremes to keep control of the water.

In my replays I've also discovered how powerful worker-stealing from galleys is (Now I'm disappointed I didn't think of doing that in my original game): The AI just doesn't seem programmed to think about the possible danger of troops on a galley and won't move workers out of the way of a galley the way it would if it sees land-based troops nearby. So if you pillage a farm or pasture next to the sea, the AI will continually send workers there to rebuild it, allowing you to capture them straight from galleys. In this game, that turned out to be super-powerful!

Top Bottom