[C3C] News: COTM139 Portugal Demigod - Pre-game Discussion

Lanzelot

In this Demigod game of the month for Conquests, you will rule as Prince Henry over the Portuguese, who in Civilization III are an expansionist and seafaring people. You start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Pottery (the perfect combination...!) Your unique unit is the Carrack, an improved Caravel that does not sink on ocean.

vasco.jpg

The map is a Continents map with 30% land area, the climate is wet and temperate. Here is how your home land looks like:

cotm139_portugal.png

The normal changes to the Conquests rules apply to this game: Iron locations are fixed, and Workers instead of Settlers can be popped from Goody Huts. The impact of disease has been diminished.

Scope of the Game

Civilization: Portugal
Difficulty: Demigod
Map size: Normal
Map topology: Continents, Wet, Temperate, 30% land
Rivals: Seven hand-picked
Barbarians: Roaming
Required victory condition: None

Submissions are due by 23 May, 2018.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

On April 11, the start file will be available.

Last edited:
Looks like Grassland under the Furs, so the extra shield would be lost by settling on it. Still the best option, I suppose.

I think I'll send the scout east and the worker to the deer or the incense to see if I can get more land tiles by settling east or southwest. At demigod I probably can't do 20k in my capital, but it is looking pretty nice, so we'll see.

We'd better play fast! I'm sure I could lose it in 12 days, but I expect I'll need more than a month if I hope to win it.

Top Bottom