[C3C] News: COTM143 India Demigod - Pre-game Discussion

I looked at the COTM_A.biq file in the editor an noticed that no selection had been made as to which kind of vessel is the result of enslavement. In the original rule set, it is another Privateer. I have reinstated this rule.

The Keshik is the next unit in the list after the Privateer, so that seems to be the reason it was selected. I have no idea whatsoever how this rule change was introduced. Sorry for that and better luck next time!

Not that I recall, although honestly I don't read what they say, so I might not have noticed
Same for me... I never understand, what these Austrians are saying... :D

I looked at the COTM_A.biq file in the editor an noticed that no selection had been made as to which kind of vessel is the result of enslavement. In the original rule set, it is another Privateer. I have reinstated this rule.

The Keshik is the next unit in the list after the Privateer, so that seems to be the reason it was selected. I have no idea whatsoever how this rule change was introduced. Sorry for that and better luck next time!
Well, no need to apologize: I thought it was quite amusing...;)

Maybe just my problem...

I'm playing a german vision of ptw and C3C, a so called gold edition or something like that. I never managed to install those files including...AUSTRIA...since last year when I fortunatly got a new hardware system [from AUSTRIA...:goodjob:]. Games were running well with it but now the last save crashed. It was because in the DE_PediaIcons there is a missing entry that means the following two lines:

#SKISS_RACE_AUSTRIA
art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory kiss sm.pcx
[I just add it]

AUSTRIA is just the last entry in every chapter of LEADER/RACE ART.

So, now I'm able to finish the current game. But 'm not sure solving all problems with that. For example what's coming up if I played AUSTRIA as HI. And if I intend to volunteer next year, if a game created with my german vision would make no problems to all players with an english/american one. :undecide:

P.S I have to admit that I didn't install the biq including AUSTRIA and therefore I'm currently not able to choose AUSTRIA. But if so why I got the popup massage which crashed the save? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Another interesting thing: I just submit the game and my firaxis score is better than jason...:crazyeye:

Usually once the PediaIcons file is fixed, there are no further problems with non-English installations: I have played many scenarios from this site on my German installation (The Great War, Age of Imperialism, Pirates etc.) and never had a problem, after I had the correct entries in the PediaIcons. So you shouldn't need to worry about this.

Another point, Più Freddo: thanks to your glitch, we now learned that Keshiks can be upgraded to War Elephants:

Russian_elephant.png

:eek:

So how can India own a "Russian" War Elephant?
Easy: an Indian Privateer attacks a Russian Galley, enslaves it into a Keshik (which is the Mongol UU), then we send it into a (former Austrian) town with barracks and notice that the "Upgrade" button is active (even though we haven't learned Military Tradition yet!), so we are very curious what it might be upgraded to, as it certainly can't become a Cavalry, we click the button and get --- a War Elephant! :crazyeye:

Edit: and by the way: I did the same with a barbarian Galley...

Last edited:
Usually once the PediaIcons file is fixed, there are no further problems with non-English installations: I have played many scenarios from this site on my German installation (The Great War, Age of Imperialism, Pirates etc.) and never had a problem, after I had the correct entries in the PediaIcons. So you shouldn't need to worry about this.

Okay, that's fine. :)

I also learned that Keshiks left stranded in the ocean by the AI will sit there forever. I can send my boats right through them as if they weren't there. If I get to marines before it poofs, I'll see if a marine can attack it.

Top Bottom