• Sumer

Votes: 76 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome, you cant have Greece without Rome!!

Seriously... Sumer is going to be the Science Civ with the unique Campus
Arabia is going to be Military faith, sort of an Anti-Spain,
Russia is going to be the Science equivalent of Cultural America
and Rome is gonna be Rome!!!.

Does someone remember if Montezuma showed up in the list revealed in the civilopedia? If so, Gorgo could also be a DLC.

I voted for Poland because I think that the most wanted civs will be revealed just before the release to emphasize the marketing effect, Rome therefore will be IMO the last one.

Of course Rome will be shown the next week to prove I'm wrong :)

-

Does someone remember if Montezuma showed up in the list revealed in the civilopedia? If so, Gorgo could also be a DLC.

Yes, he was listed, too. But civilopedia also said some civs have multiple leaders. If Gorgo is a DLC, then they need to modify or remove this (misleading) information from the base game because Gorgo is the only left leader who can count as the second leader in the base game.

Aztecs arent in the base game either.

Basically, they are in the base game. On day one for those who pre-order. And 3 months later for everyone else. This will never be sold seperately in a DLC or expansion. This is free if you buy the base game (without any DLCs).

Basically, they are in the base game. On day one for those who pre-order. And 3 months later for everyone else. This will never be sold seperately in a DLC or expansion. This is free if you buy the base game (without any DLCs).

No. I'd say that meant they are basically not in the base game, at least not a launch. At launch for most, there will only be 17 Civs. But, it would appear that they are officially in the base game; they seem to be part of the base game 18 civs that devs have mentioned.

1 - America - Roosevelt
2 - Arabia - Saladin
3 - Brazil - Pedro II
4 - China - Qin Shi Huang
5 - Egypt - Cleopatra
6 - England - Victoria
7 - France - Catherine de Medicis
8 - Germany - Frederick Barbarossa
9 - Greece - Pericles
10 - India - Gandhi
11 - Japan - Hojo Tokimune
12 - Kongo - Mvemba a Nzinga
13 - Norway- Harald III Hardrada
14 - Rome - Trajan
15 - Russia - Peter the Great
16 - Scythia - Tomyris
17 - Spain - Philip II
18 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh

Unless Poland is in fact one of the base game civs, but that seems unlikely.

No. I'd say that meant they are basically not in the base game, at least not a launch. At launch for most, there will only be 17 Civs. But, it would appear that they are officially in the base game; they seem to be part of the base game 18 civs that devs have mentioned.

1 - America - Roosevelt
2 - Arabia - Saladin
3 - Brazil - Pedro II
4 - China - Qin Shi Huang
5 - Egypt - Cleopatra
6 - England - Victoria
7 - France - Catherine de Medicis
8 - Germany - Frederick Barbarossa
9 - Greece - Pericles
10 - India - Gandhi
11 - Japan - Hojo Tokimune
12 - Kongo - Mvemba a Nzinga
13 - Norway- Harald III Hardrada
14 - Rome - Trajan
15 - Russia - Peter the Great
16 - Scythia - Tomyris
17 - Spain - Philip II
18 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh

Unless Poland is in fact one of the base game civs, but that seems unlikely.

Hmm... in fact, there will be 18 civs for everyone at launch without additional DLCs from the Deluxe Edition.

If Gorgo is in the base game, then you will have access to 19 leaders and 18 civs in the base game from Day 1.

And there will be 20 leaders and 19 civs (for those who pre-order) in the base game from Day 1.

Aztecs are a part of the base game because you will get it sooner or later for free if you have purchased the base game. They are not part of DLCs, either. Unless you want to call it a DLC given for free if you buy the base game.

Everything suggests that DLCs from the Deluxe Editon will not be available on the release day.

Hmm... in fact, there will be 18 civs for everyone at launch without additional DLCs from the Deluxe Edition.

If Gorgo is in the base game, then you will have access to 19 leaders and 18 civs in the base game from Day 1.

And there will be 20 leaders and 19 civs (for those who pre-order) in the base game from Day 1.

Aztecs are a part of the base game because you will get it sooner or later for free if you have purchased the base game. They are not part of DLCs, either. Unless you want to call it a DLC given for free if you buy the base game.

Everything suggests that DLCs from the Deluxe Editon will not be available on the release day.

Well, they are not available for everyone at launch, only those who have pre-ordered. Thus, I do not consider them a base game civ at launch.

Anyway, what are you on about saying that there could be 19 civs available at launch? There seems to me to be nothing supporting that claim.

They've said its 18 base game civs at launch 19 when aztecs get unlocked and gorgo won't count as she is a leader not a civ, Poland will not be in launch line up but most likely a dlc in the following months

EDIT: appears guy above beat me to pointing this out XD

Well, they are not available for everyone at launch, only those who have pre-ordered. Thus, I do not consider them a base game civ at launch.

Anyway, what are you on about saying that there could be 19 civs available at launch? There seems to me to be nothing supporting that claim.

Generally, it is a base game Civilization (you decide if you get it on the release day or 3 months later). Still, you do not have to buy additional DLCs. And this is what makes it a part of the base game, not DLCs, because you get it from the base game sooner or later.

Your list and Aztecs supports this claim.

Launch day and base game are two different things. It is the base game that provides you the Aztecs. It's just you can decide if you want to have 18 or 19 civs at launch day by pre-ordering the game or not.

... and gorgo won't count as she is a leader not a civ

EDIT: appears guy above beat me to pointing this out XD

If Gorgo counts as a Civ, then we would end up with 20 civs at launch day if you pre-order the game.

Your list and Aztecs supports this claim.

Oh, yeah, you're right actually (clearly I have forgotten how to count):blush:. So I suppose there are 18 civs at launch even when not including the Aztecs (unless Russia, Rome or Sumer are DLC civs, in which case Aztecs are part of the initial 18 that was talked about).

Oh, yeah, you're right actually (clearly I have forgotten how to count):blush:. So I suppose there are 18 civs at launch even when not including the Aztecs (unless Russia, Rome or Sumer are DLC civs, in which case Aztecs are part of the initial 18 that was talked about).

Aztecs are part of the base game. People who do not pre-order will get it later for free. So one can say there are 19 civs in the base game - one available later if you don't pre-order. Just a marketing trick.

The leak confirms (unofficially) which civs are in the base game. That said.

Except the Aztecs are described as being the Aztec Civilisation Pack, and appear under the 'Mods' activated in-game. It's basically a free Day 0 DLC for pre-orders and a free Day 90 DLC for those who don't. It's not so much "part of the base game" as comparable with Civ 5's Mongols, just available early for pre-orders.

I agree that it's just a marketing ploy though.

Except the Aztecs are described as being the Aztec Civilisation Pack, and appear under the 'Mods' activated in-game. It's basically a free Day 0 DLC for pre-orders and a free Day 90 DLC for those who don't. It's not so much "part of the base game" as comparable with Civ 5's Mongols, just available early for pre-orders.

I agree that it's just a marketing ploy though.

It depends how you look at it. I look at it that you get it within the price of the base game sooner or later.

If I don't have to pay for it, it is part of the base game. That said.

Aztecs were shown in the "Mods" list, so they could be disabled. Technically this means they are DLC.

Aztecs were shown in the "Mods" list, so they could be disabled. Technically this means they are DLC.

I would say it is a free DLC that is part of the base game :) It does not take away anything from the announced paid DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom