Next Level Mod - BTS

Some new artworks for this weekend :D

Coastal Fortress, Canadian UB for Harbour:

Headquarter, Armenian UB for Barracks:

Docks, Beber UB for Harbour:

I worked in other artworks this weekend, u can see them here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162717 , but many of them won't be in Next Level Mod.

Nice creations:goodjob: so what do you think about my ewuare suggestion?

The Phoenicians should be financial and expansionist. First financial because the main power behind thegovernment were the traders. The power of the traders were almost as great as the kings. since the ships and trade cities of the phoenicians was second to none they had trade routes all the way to western africa. Second expansionist because they were a trade nation that sent ships to find new trade good and build cities there.

I think their special unit should be phoenician galley which would be a galley that can hold three and either sail in oceans or move and extra space. This would show the great seamanship of the phoenicians. Their special building should be a harbor that adds one gold for any luxery good. This would show their great trade network.

Hi! :)

I have received several e-mails about Next Level Mod BTS last mouths and I decided I'll release a new version of the mod soon. It'll work on BTS only, I'll fix the last version bugs and I'll add some new civis, such as Benin, Argentina e Mapuche. I have chosen these new civis, because I have the stuff ready (flags, UB, UU, LH...). I'm busy with the programming process of EVOLUTION, my own game based in Civilization, but I have taken this weekend to get ready the new version of Next Level Mod. The new version mod is working and I'm playing test it before the release date. I'm also looking for a way to create the DDS files of my new model buildings. BTW, the mod uses the MODULAR system now.

I'll post the files soon!

Some UB

Nice to see you back in action CivArmy! Can't wait to see the turnout of this mod.:goodjob:

Cool CivArmy. I'm curious about the Illyrian civ that you have ... you use a "Gromile" UB. While the Illyrians did have their own tumuli, the term "gromile" is Slavic and thus non-Illyrian (these tumuli which are in Bosnia are referred to by their "local name," which is obviously Slavic since Bosnian is a Slavic language).

Besides, a healthy monument isn't the best way to represent these ancient people.

I'm glad to see you back, though. :)

all of those shots are really nice in partcular the candian fort and harbor one.

thanks! :D

ewu.7waker said:
Nice to see you back in action CivArmy! Can't wait to see the turnout of this mod.

thanks! :D I'll release the new version (with Benin) ASAP. BTW, check the image out ;)

Shqype said:
Cool CivArmy. I'm curious about the Illyrian civ that you have ... you use a "Gromile" UB. While the Illyrians did have their own tumuli, the term "gromile" is Slavic and thus non-Illyrian (these tumuli which are in Bosnia are referred to by their "local name," which is obviously Slavic since Bosnian is a Slavic language).

Besides, a healthy monument isn't the best way to represent these ancient people.

I'm glad to see you back, though.

No problem, we have enought time to fix it :) : what suppose to be the tumuli name and its power? BTW, I made a Lembi model to my game EVOLUTION and I'll try export it to the Next Level mod like Illyrian UU.

The Illyrian boat is the one with the eagle symbol in the top-right corner.

Looks cool, except the eagle that you're using is the modern Albanian eagle. While it is true that the Illyrians used a double-headed eagle symbol, which they introduced to the Roman standards (and was later transferred to the Byzantines), they're not exactly the same, since the newer one has changed from the ancient.

I don't have a better name for the tumuli at this point (except Albanian "vorr" for grave), and would suggest something different altogether. I'm not too crazy about the boat UU either; in my mod I have Lembi as a flavor unit, and instead use the "Kambsor" foot soldier (which replaces the spearman).

As for the LH, did you make Teuta? I introduced a second Illyrian leader, Bardhylli, one of the greatest leaders of the Illyrians, which nearly succeeded in destroying the Macedonians under his reign. He lived to be 90 years old and defeated 4 Macedonian kings during his lifetime. The Illyrian Empire was amongst the strongest under his reign. I'd be interested to see how you'd make him look :)

Looks cool, except the eagle that you're using is the modern Albanian eagle. While it is true that the Illyrians used a double-headed eagle symbol, which they introduced to the Roman standards (and was later transferred to the Byzantines), they're not exactly the same, since the newer one has changed from the ancient.

I don't have a better name for the tumuli at this point (except Albanian "vorr" for grave), and would suggest something different altogether. I'm not too crazy about the boat UU either; in my mod I have Lembi as a flavor unit, and instead use the "Kambsor" foot soldier (which replaces the spearman).

As for the LH, did you make Teuta? I introduced a second Illyrian leader, Bardhylli, one of the greatest leaders of the Illyrians, which nearly succeeded in destroying the Macedonians under his reign. He lived to be 90 years old and defeated 4 Macedonian kings during his lifetime. The Illyrian Empire was amongst the strongest under his reign. I'd be interested to see how you'd make him look :)

I'll rename the Illyrian UB ;) The 2nd leader for this same civ isn't in my plans, sorry.

------------------------------------

Mod Progress:
- Canada and Poland were added to the mod and they are still working
- I had a bad new about the NIF files size, for what I understood on other topic were I'd posted a help request, I won't be able to decrease the files sizes :cry: If I upload the mod right now it'll have almost 50 mega, the hell for dial-upers. But I'll continue looking for a solution ;)

hey CivArmy, again great job on all the mods you've done and good luck on your latest project. One thing, lately my computer crashed and i've been trying to download the original Next Level Mod II but the links all lead to the bts version, can you help me out with this?

Downloaded this and it looks very nice indeed (haven't actually played any of the new civs yet, but the civilopedia entries are educational and nice to have Mali back). My total newbie question though is how would I go about using it with a mod like the 'not just another next war mod'? As its 'modular' presumably it can be combined, or is that only true if the other mod is also 'modular'?

I'm using Civ IV/BTS version 313 with blue marble v3.0. I followed the directions and it appears to load the module (I can see the loading status messages mentioning [NextLevelMod], and it says Next Level Mod in the upper right corner when it shows the menu again) but neither the civilopedia or the choices when creating a new game appear to be different. The Unload Mod menu command appears to work.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried it with the mod in
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next Level Mod and when that didn't work in
C:\Users\eric\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Next Level Mod.

CivilizationIV.ini has:

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

Top Bottom