Nexus Path and fpk issues: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

JFJohnny5

Chieftain
I believe this is two related problems. I can't unpack my fpk files. I go to the scripts section and run the appropriate script. All that happens is I see a small window flash on screen for a half second, and then nothing. None of the files are unpacked. Now, when I start Nexus I get an error about my asset paths with the following details:

Error establishing asset paths.

Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
Source: mscorlib
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Assets'.

I've been digging around in regedit changing every key I think would matter. I even deleted the main Nexus key and all it's sub-keys. But this error keeps popping up - pointing to a folder that doesn't exist.

Moderator Action: Moved to tutorials & references.
I know, it's not really a tutorial, but it answers a question about a (like it seems) often asked question, so it's worth it.

this issue is almost screaming for a sticky

Then scream at me.
No one has an overview at the moment, so if you see something worthy, then report the thread or PM one of the assigned moderators.
We appreciate any help we can get too ;).

I'm having a possibly related issue with Worldbuilder which is preventing it from loading. I have fully described it in a 2K Games Support thread and Civ Fanatics Tech Support thread, and I was encouraged by The_J to mention it here. The gist of the problem is that I get a FileNotFoundExceptionError when I try to launch Worldbuilder, although the other SDK tools work fine. The error is:

Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Source: WorldBuilder
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXXXXXXX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The above solution (or some similar registry issue) does not work for me because I do not find the same registry entry mentioned above (HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Tools\ToolAssetPath) in my registry, which seems incredibly odd to me. Anyone have an idea of what's going on here and how to fix the above error?

You need to change HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Tools\ToolAssetPath to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v
How do I change the path?

Is regedit windows button-R? Do I type HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER, or HKCU = HKEY_(current username). Also should I have Nexus open during that process?

Top Bottom