It's looking like it'll be Leafs vs. Lightning.

Or not? The exact scenario necessary for it to flip to the Bruins is happening right now. I guess it really will be decided by the very last game of the season.

I mean, either way... I doubt the Leafs make it. Even ignoring the "curse."

The Rangers and Kings are going to have a good time. By all accounts, neither should be in the playoffs (NYR really exceeded expectations). That probably reduces the pressure quite a bit. I remember not caring overly much when the Leafs lost against Washington since they were never meant to make it anyway.

I went and looked at a preseason preview from the NHL writers. They had Philly in the wildcard instead of the Rangers, with the Rangers not even sniffing the playoffs. Definitely a reversal there. :crazyeye:

This Leafs/Lightning game has been incredible so far. I've never seen the Toronto arena have this much noise and energy. The Leafs PK was relentless during the five-minute major as well; the Lightning got a single shot off at the very end and that's it.

(Let's ignore Kyle Clifford.)

Wow, finally watched the highlights from game 1 (TOR-TBL). A good portion of old school violence in that game. As long as noone gets injured I'm ok with it. Keeps the crowd alert.

YES! Leafs aren't dressing Simmonds and Clifford for game three, instead finally letting Spezza in. Thank god. Having a goon line ruined the second game.

Clean or dirty, just send those clowns golfing.

Finally eurofriendly schedule again; WSH-FLA. Watching now (20:00 local time).

Watching WSH win is on par with a visit to the dentist.

Now NSH-AVS and still eurofriendly!

Let's see that speed of MacK and sweet dangles by Makar.

Dammit Tampa and Toronto, we were *this* close to having three (out of four) games on the same night ending 5-2 for the home team.

But no, y'all had to score again.

You're both no fun.

The Islanders just fired Trotz, one of the best coaches in the NHL. He took them from a bottom-feeder to a top defensive team. They really just got screwed by bad luck this season.

When asked about who he consulted over the decision, Lamoriello said he talked to no one about it, not even the players. Just fired the dude and said the team needs a change of atmosphere.

God, I'm so happy he's not with the Leafs anymore.

Top Bottom