No action possible after loading a game

Serp

King
Hi,

everytime me and my friends play civilization multiplayer, we are unable to continue games.
Cause when we load a savegame, usually all or all except one player are unable to do any moves.
The savegame is a manual save done at begin of our simultanous turn from the host. The host also loaded the game.

Sometimes it works to load autosaves. I don't remember well, but if it works, usually the AI players are able to do 2 turns at once. So we load the game, no one is able to move although it should be our turn. And after some time the AI will start to move, reesulting in loosing one turn for us.

Is there any known solution?

Hi Serp, I dont think this will help you, sorry, but I tell you what happens to us:

we play CIV V since a long time very often in Multiplayer (2 humans, 6 KI, mostly LAN but sometimes in Internet as well. Always the same player is the host, loading the game.

What happens to us sometimes after a crash, and after loading the autosave file, is that the AI plays one or two turns ( I think it depends of when the crash took place in the turn of the crash) for the other player who is not the host. The host plays its own game after loading the autosave without problems.

But this is all "normally" fast and the player who is not the host only has to wait the time that it takes to calculate the new turn. If it is for two rounds that the AI plays for the humas player, for only a second or two appears the button on the rigth down side where you normally click on building something.
That diasappears after a second or two and the new turn is calculated and after that the human player can continue his own game normally.
The only thing that the human player who is not the host, has to do after that, is to check out what happens in his country because the AI plays very different and changes a lot of settings.

Maybe it has to do with the setting of "starting a new turn automatically" after finishing everything in your country. I dont use that. I prefer clicking on "new turn" when everything is finished.

Schöne Grüße
Piet

No one of us is using the "auto-next turn" option, but thank you anyway.

I searched the forum and saw many many complaints like this back in 2015. The newst one I found is this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/multiplayer-patch.541506/#post-13637284

So I really wonder why no one is replying here and it seems no one has the same problem? Was it finally patched and fixed for most players?
The suggetion in the link to "hotjoin" the game does not work, at least not in a local game. In steam friend list the "join game" is greyed out.

Top Bottom