No Babylon in Multiplayer?

turingmachine

Emperor
Okay, so I was trying to make a game with a group of people (all of which have the Deluxe Edition and can play Babylon in SP) and we couldn't add Babylon to the map. Am I missing something or can you just not use Babylon in MP?

If so, did they just go the Civ Rev route and make all DLC single-player only? Honestly, then what's the point for many players? I can't believe their solution to people having different civs (a problem they created in the first place) is to make things people paid extra money for useless. I wouldn't have spent the extra $10 for Babylon if I knew this.

I think a good way to handle this would be to have an option for the host to allow/disallow DLC civs (and same goes for mods, ESPECIALLY custom maps/scenarios. MP would be nice). :king:

Okay, so I was trying to make a game with a group of people (all of which have the Deluxe Edition and can play Babylon in SP) and we couldn't add Babylon to the map. Am I missing something or can you just not use Babylon in MP?

If so, did they just go the Civ Rev route and make all DLC single-player only? Honestly, then what's the point for many players? I can't believe their solution to people having different civs (a problem they created in the first place) is to make things people paid extra money for useless. I wouldn't have spent the extra $10 for Babylon if I knew this.

I think there are certain OP issues with Babylon at the moment anyway, I wouldn't be in a hurry to play them MP if I were you. :p heheh

I am very upset if you cant play babylon at all in multiplayer, I did pay for a new civ to be used in multi and in single not just in single player!

Interesting. That is a problem that I hope they'll fix. Ideally, they should make it so you can play Babylon even against people without DLC, but certainly people with the same DLC should be able to play each other.

not to mention, not having the map packs that were part of our "deluxe edition"

so that currently stands at...

you get a 19th civ, which you can't use for most of your games.

and some maps...that you're not getting.

What we wanted in the MP community was to have the game host decide if he wanted DLC civs in his game or not, not a ban on DLC civs completely.

CS

Top Bottom