NO GOTM SUBMISSIONS THIS WEEKEND

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Game of the Month is not accepting submissions, as we are migrating the Server to new hardware - this should be complete by 0900 BST Monday 1st August *. For most of the weekend the site will be up just not accepting new entries, but there will be a short outage at some stage.

(* For the time in other time zones <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...r+Migration+Completion&iso=20220801T09&p1=304">please see here</a>)

Had a short note from @Noble Zarkon this morning (Tuesday). They are still working out one wrinkle...

Sorry, y'all, my RL got very busy this last week, and I haven't been in here for a few days.

Since the GOTM routines are new for me, the game-end processing might be a little herky-jerky this time around. I'm getting some hand-holding while I work through some of the steps, and (as you know) we're spread out through several time-zones, so...

I have changed the end date of TSG212 to Tuesday, 8/16/22. Go ahead and submit any games you have been holding.
I will have TSG213 up soon. I am only waiting on some questions I have asked regarding the timing of some of the steps. Hopefully, I'll have a response soon, maybe even yet this morning (I'm eastern US).

Should I be submitting something when I play a GoTM? I'll comment on the threads, but I don't think I have ever actually submitted a thing. What should I be doing? and why?

In the Announcement thread, directly above the download link, there is this:
File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.
This game runs through 15 September 2022.

edit - this places the game save on the Game of the Month server where it is parsed and the staff can see how your game went and if you did anything that could be considered cheating. The save then, once the game finish date is reached, can be compared with your fellow participants by going to this link, the Civ5 Replay facility.

Ah. I had seen that note, but I thought it was maybe for some defunct competition/ranking system. I hadn't spotted the replay feature which does look interesting. I'll try and remember to upload in future.

Top Bottom