1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

No interface -please help

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by SIMPA, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

Ok I create mod NATIONS IN WAR and on my computer mod works perfect no single bug,but people who download mod they say that they have no interface...:(
    I yust dont underthestand how is that possible that on my comp is fine but on their not...
    How can I fix something that works fine on my comp-I have xp and some of that people vista :confused:
    Please if someone know what should I chek or exame please write, this is so sad :(
    My mod uses REVDCM from glider as a base,I put some of tsentom1 python wonders but they work fine on my comp,I change defoult palace in game..,change city future graphics but all this work fine on my comp...
    Please if someone can help me :(
    Thx!!

2. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Go into the Python folder, inside there is a folder called contrib. In that folder is a file called modname.py Open it up with notepad++ or whatever you use to edit code with (regular notepad wol't work to edit python files), change the modname to your mod's name.

Made the same mistake myself when I first created WolfRevolution.

3. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

Hey thx for replay phungus... I did that when I create mod
    This is how it looks:
    Picture 2.png
    Is this ok?

4. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

I don't mean to be rude, but this is common sense here. You enter the folder name for you mod in modname. Since I'm telling you it fixes a graphical bug (loss of interface), it must be used by the program for something, ie to search for files it is looking for. So the name has to be the name of your mod, ie the name used in your mods folder. Also this should have been pretty obvious because you would have seen RevolutionDCM in all the entries you needed to change...

Anyway, best to try things first, and then ask if you are doing it right. Modding is different then real life.

5. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

Thx Phungus :)
    take care! ;)