No way to rejoin a game after disconnect

pixiejmcc

Prince
I was just in an MP game. Civ crashed for the first time in 10 or so hours of play (so I'm not too concerned). But how on earth can I rejoin the game? All you can see are new games being hosted. This seems like an obvious feature to have...

According to a review it should be possible to reconnect to a game. Unfortunately can't tell you how.

So otherwise you didn't have any problems? Can you tell us something about your mp impressions?

If you crashed, it's possible that the host crashed too, which killed the entire game. Just a guess.

I've had a CTD in multi too caused by nothing other than civ5 according to the crash report. There's still some serious bugs I think. Multiplayer is broken as far as I am concerned...

In a lan game, my friend left. To get back in he just went to the LAN game and found my game on the list.

The host can invite you back into the game via Skype. A message pops up for you and you just have to click the invite link and will join back into the game.

Sadly there is no pause function so far, so the game will continue going while you´re not in it.

It's not via skype is it? Doesn't the host just invite the person with the steam system? Simply re-invite the person into the game through the chat contacts?

It's not via skype is it? Doesn't the host just invite the person with the steam system? Simply re-invite the person into the game through the chat contacts?

This.

You right clic the name of the player and then invite him back into the game. Havent tried that in civ, but normaly you can also select ''join game'' of the host (*if it's not private.)

I thought that didn't work in non-steam games?

What do you mean "non-steam games"? You have to have/install steam to install this game... Parts of the steam system are integrated into the game - including the shift+tab to load friends lists... (And the ability to save a game to the steam cloud...)

Top Bottom